PDA

View Full Version : First Big Silver for 2015

Pastpursuits
04-12-2015, 09:04 PM
My Nephew and I got a new permission so we did a 5 hour hunt today with great results! :yahoo:

My Nephew just started hunting this year and I've been taking him out when I get time. He started us out with his first ever Indian Head penny! I got just a couple of wheats and a bunch of clad but we just kept hitting this area and BOOM!! I got my first ever Silver Half and WOW it was a Barber...well worn but who cares!!! We ended up with four silver coins, one IH Penny, six wheats, one silver/gold ring and endless amounts of clad.

My Nephew didn't send a very good picture but that was his first silver coin 1957 R Dime. (I think bad pictures run in the family:lol:)

I found the ring on a beach area that was on the same property and it didn't belong to the land owner so they said to keep it!

We found some other cool relics...not sure what the copper M2V things are but we got two of them.

The soil where we found most of the silvers was rock hard and it was tuff digging..we tried not to scratch the coins...but it happens when we are trying to keep the plugs small. The land owner was very happy with us and said we can come back anytime...AWESOME!!!:groovy::groovy:

dave in iowa
04-12-2015, 10:12 PM
great hunt , congrats on the half

Digger Don
04-12-2015, 10:25 PM
Congrats to both of you. Great job on the Barber Half and your nephews first Indian :congrats:

RIdirtdigger
04-13-2015, 05:49 AM
Congrats on the barber half. It may be worn but its still an awesome find. That coin is still on my buckle list. Also nice job on the rosie and Washington quarter. Keep on swinging!

Restoring Your Finds
04-13-2015, 07:29 AM
Boy, do I love Barbers !!! Congrats on that very nice hunt !!

Tony Two-Cent
04-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Walking Liberty Halves seem to be a fairly common find. Barbers, not so much! I have only found one of them and coincidentally mine is dated 1903 also.

That is a terrific find! Congrats! :thumbsup02:

I am curious about those M2V objects as well. I wonder what they are?

Does the dog tag have a date on it?

Pastpursuits
04-13-2015, 06:11 PM
Walking Liberty Halves seem to be a fairly common find. Barbers, not so much! I have only found one of them and coincidentally mine is dated 1903 also.

That is a terrific find! Congrats! :thumbsup02:

I am curious about those M2V objects as well. I wonder what they are?

Does the dog tag have a date on it?

Thanks Tony,
I can't make out a thing on the dog tag.
I will submit pictures of the M2V thing to the What's It section...I'm stumped!

don in ny
04-13-2015, 08:18 PM
I don't care that it's worn, it's a Barber half dollar! I've only found 2 of them in 35 years and I know others detecting just as long who've never found one. Great find!

aloldstuff
04-15-2015, 03:20 PM
That Barber 1/2 is on a lot of folks wish list, congrats on you getting one. Has your nephew gotten hooked on this hobby yet?

Pastpursuits
04-15-2015, 08:19 PM
That Barber 1/2 is on a lot of folks wish list, congrats on you getting one. Has your nephew gotten hooked on this hobby yet?
Thanks aloldstuff,
My nephew is hooked for sure! It was hard to get him to slow down...there were so many great targets at this spot. He found the silver when I made him go back through a area I saw him skip...LOL. When I poped the half he was the one to pull it out of the hole...I was so excited...I couldn't reach down and get it!!! I was running around like the Digger guys on TV yelling Big Silver! Big Silver! Huge Roundness in the Hole!! It was a day we will both remember for a long time!

aloldstuff
04-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Got the reply I was looking for....HH to the both of you.

Mr. Digger
04-16-2015, 05:44 AM
Congrats on the great hunt, and of course that Barber half is an amazing find! Love the big silver!

Pacivilwarluke
04-16-2015, 11:26 AM
Nice barber half, I'm still waiting on one! Congrats!!