PDA

View Full Version : White's "Detech" Ultimate 13"DD update

Thiltzy
04-15-2015, 04:25 PM
Testing out the new Detech Ultimate 13" DD coil that is now compatable with The White's MXT line and up. These results were from the weekend at some cellar holes. Had to put on the smaller coil around the cellar hole lips due to all the iron and stubby over growth, which is expected for all large coils. The coil is fantastic in the open areas but too large for around the cellar holes. I managed an 1828 Large Cent, 1864 Fatty Indian, No date Indian and relics.
The coil is more stable with less chatter than my other coils. It is surprisingly sensitive and was picking up the smallest of brass scraps.I also noticed much less falsing with this coil. This is probably the biggest positive for me due to the locations we hunt. Next Sunday I am going to test it at an open farm field where I think this coil will really shine.

aloldstuff
04-15-2015, 04:31 PM
Todd, some nice finds with your new coil. The second photo shows you listing to the right, hope that coil isn't to heavy...:lol:

Waiting to see what that coil can produce out of the farm field.

OxShoeDrew
04-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Todd, I love my 13in Ultimate for the T2. I keep my 5in in my sack. Did you get a coil cover?

Thiltzy
04-15-2015, 05:33 PM
Todd, I love my 13in Ultimate for the T2. I keep my 5in in my sack. Did you get a coil cover?
Yup, the coil cover is on the coil in both pics. You can't even tell it has a cover on it Drew

Thiltzy
04-15-2015, 05:34 PM
Todd, some nice finds with your new coil. The second photo shows you listing to the right, hope that coil isn't to heavy...:lol:

Waiting to see what that coil can produce out of the farm field. Al the coil is surprisingly light for it's size

Pacivilwarluke
04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Man that's a pretty largie! I have the nel 13" for my at and it kicks butt with deep targets, brings places back to life! Congrats and hh!

Isaac
04-15-2015, 06:14 PM
Great finds for a test outing, can't wait to see Sunday's results. Was thinking about getting the MXT Pro as a backup machine myself

Bell-Two
04-15-2015, 06:54 PM
Well you are off to a good start with your new coil!

MangoAve
04-16-2015, 06:30 AM
I like the largie, altho the thread wasn't about the finds. So it seems the concerns I mentioned were relevant but good to know it was working well, regardless, for you. It is good both the Nel and Detech give the coil cover with the coil.