PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Digger Al!

zrickkid
04-19-2015, 06:29 PM
This post is a few months in the making but still relevant. Back on 12-28-14 I was hunting with a buddy Digger Don at a local honey hole of mine and my V3s batteries were dead. So instead of running to the store I asked Don if I could try out his son Als e-trac since he wasnt with us that afternoon. I also wanted to get to know the e-trac because I was interested in purchasing one. He said yes so off we go. I kept asking Don what the numbers were for a while. After about ten minutes I get a 12-45/46 at about 6 inches and I dig. Out pops a 1935 Mercury dime. Then about 20 minutes later I get an iffy 17-47/48 at about 3 inches. I dig down and get a nail but my pinpointer is still screaming and out pops a very nice 1899 Barber quarter! To say I was impressed with this machine is an understatement. I was a novice that found 2 silvers in about a half an hour. Im really thinking of getting an e-trac for a second machine. I had been over that area many times with my V3 and never even thought of digging in that spot. Maybe I didnt sweep over it at just the right angle so who knows. Earlier in the day I found a nice railroad key and another random key. So I end this post with a big thanks to Digger Don and especially Digger Al!

POKIE73
04-19-2015, 07:19 PM
i used whites for over twenty years they are one of the best machines out there but when i got my e trac the places that i had hunted for years was all of a sudden full of good signals i must have found over fifty silvers at one park alone the e trac is a silver finding wonder congrats on your finds

Ill Digger
04-19-2015, 09:25 PM
The Deep Digging Duo are some good people!:perfect10:

As for your finds... pretty darn good for a "first run" with a E-Trac! :thumbsup01:
Congrats! :grin:

Dan
04-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Great hunt....The duo are great folks....:)

Love my Etrac.....took a bit to understand what she was saying....now it's swing slow and listen....:)

aloldstuff
04-20-2015, 05:48 AM
Hope you get yourself an Etrac real soon. Very nice results for using a different machine.

MangoAve
04-20-2015, 06:41 AM
Interesting the Etrac would give that much more for signals. Nice barber tho. Keys look cool too.

Ronandari
04-20-2015, 07:25 AM
Beautiful Barber you found,:congrats:. I use both the VX3 and the E trak. Love em both! The E trak is the best at sniffing out silver but I prefer the VX3 for general hunting. Since Most of my hunting is general and I have more coils for the V, the minelab sits more often than the Whites.
The Digger Duo have really cleaned up with the E traks. I'll bet you enjoyed the hunt with them.

Ron

Digger Don
04-20-2015, 07:33 AM
I remember that day like yesterday. That was a beautiful Barber Quarter.
You were a natural with the e-trac that day for sure.
Although, you pretty darn good with the VX3 as well.
Don

zrickkid
04-20-2015, 11:27 AM
I remember that day like yesterday. That was a beautiful Barber Quarter.
You were a natural with the e-trac that day for sure.
Although, you pretty darn good with the VX3 as well.
Don
Thanks Don and you Digger Al. Look forward to more hunts with you guys this year.

Fire Fighter 43
04-23-2015, 11:38 AM
Great results for your first time with a Minelab. Congrats on the silver and WTG.