PDA

View Full Version : LOST SMALL STUD EARING SETTING

KINCUMBER
07-05-2010, 02:14 AM
Hi, I have been trying to find a lost diamond stud earing in the garden. It is only the really small ball and spike section. What setting on the e-trac would register a responce? I have tried the 4 Minelab factory settings on its partner earing and I cannot register a responce. Helppppp

Epi-hunter
07-05-2010, 06:21 AM
Hi, I have been trying to find a lost diamond stud earing in the garden. It is only the really small ball and spike section. What setting on the e-trac would register a responce? I have tried the 4 Minelab factory settings on its partner earing and I cannot register a responce. Helppppp

The setting is gold, I am assuming?

I would bet that you are going to have a tough time getting a signal from such a small item on that detector. Do you have the other earring? If so, testing it will tell you what you can expect. I doubt you will be able to pick it up.

coinnut
07-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Use the smallest coil you have, run 2 tone ferrous sounds and a wide open screen (NO Discrimination) Use the highest manual sensitivity you can get away with. Overlap all of your swings and go slow. If the numbers even register it would probably be around 12-02 or so. But go by sound. Any high pitched sound would be good to check. All iron should grunt, so go very slow and check every high pitched reading.

Cheap Thrills
07-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Can you get your hands on a Tesoro with a 7 or 8 coil it would sure make things a bit easier ?

KINCUMBER
07-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Thank you for those tips:
Epi-Hunter, Yes I have the other earring to test on.

Coinnut, Yes I have the E-trac small coil to try.

Sheik Yerbooty: No Tesoro.

Many Thanks

coinnut
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Thank you for those tips:
Epi-Hunter, Yes I have the other earring to test on.

Coinnut, Yes I have the E-trac small coil to try.

Sheik Yerbooty: No Tesoro.

Many Thanks

Sweet, try that small coil on it with max sensitivity and see what the sample one reads. Keep us posted on how you do.

NiagaraCountyNY
07-28-2010, 12:26 PM
I dont rember what forum it was,but i was reading a fella had better luck finding small gold with his E-trac setting the noise cancle channel manualy to 3 or 4 if I rember right.If I can find the post Ill link it.It doesnt make alot of sense to me why this would make a diffrence but hey...you never know .