PDA

View Full Version : New guy from Michigan

shuvelrider
04-24-2015, 01:04 PM
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn295/shuvelrider/P3141711_zps0c56fbf3.jpg (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/shuvelrider/media/P3141711_zps0c56fbf3.jpg.html)

Just a word and a pic to say hi, don't let the pic scare ya :shocked04:. I'm a transplant to Michigan in 2001 by the way of Illinois, (LaSalle-Peru) were I grew up. I live in the Muskegon area here in MI now, less then a mile walk to the lakeshore. A big difference from corn and soybeans, plus the Illinois humidity. Been in this area for 13 years now and still have no use for an air-conditioner. When I moved here I bought a Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, found some clad and the usual clutter. Other hobbies got in the way, plus that thing called life. recently have made a dedicated effort to get back to the detector and bought a new Garrett Sea Hunter because of the abundance of shoreline and water area's around here. Still have the CX Plus, just had it checked out by the factory and a clean bill of health on it.

Tony Two-Cent
04-24-2015, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the forum, shuvelrider! :waving:

Glad you joined us! I am stuck here in Illinois with the humidity! http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Smilies/coolinoff.gif

I have been detecting near your old Illinois stomping grounds a few times. Here are some tokens I found near LaSalle-Peru last year:

How do you like the detecting there in Michigan compared to Illinois? Other than the lower humidity. ;)

del
04-24-2015, 02:34 PM
Hello Shuvelrider and welcome to the forum ;) , congrats on the new Garret and I hope it does you well this season. I'm very glad you joined up and thanks for your service to our country .

Dan

Fire Fighter 43
04-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. It is always nice to welcome a fellow Midwesterner. Thank you for your service to our great country. Good luck with your new machine and happy hunting.

aloldstuff
04-25-2015, 05:11 AM
Welcome from western MA. From a former Marine, thank you for your service. Looking forward to seeing your finds in the future.

Restoring Your Finds
04-25-2015, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to reading your post.

Digger Don
04-25-2015, 11:38 PM
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois.
Glad to have you aboard.
I hunted in La Salle last weekend and ended up taking a tour of the old Hegeler Carus Mansion while we were there.
HH

Mountaindigger
04-26-2015, 07:13 AM
Welcome to the forum, I am from WV. You will find the forum very educational and interesting.

shuvelrider
04-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Thanks all. To Digger Don, the rumor many years ago was that the Carus family kept connections with the German homeland, that a "spy" stayed there during the war and reported information back to Germany. That mansion was falling apart though, was that way for years. Creepy looking even during the daytime when we would ride by on our bicycles a kids.

Skamaniac
04-29-2015, 01:57 AM
Hello and welcome from the Pacific Northwest, SFC.

mownomo
07-05-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi Shuvelrider,
Welcome from The Lone Star State. First of all, thanks for your service. Glad to have you on board. Love to see some of your finds. Good luck and dig 'em up. God bless you and yours.