PDA

View Full Version : New from NYC...

DrWatson
04-25-2015, 06:06 AM
Anyone in or near NYC?

I haven't purchased a detector yet but considering either AT-Pro, Whites M6, Or Whites MTX. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

I'll be interested in detecting in NY, Conn, Mass, and NJ. I'll also likely will want to detect beaches on Long Island as well.

I've read that the dirt strata in New England is slow sink, so older items shouldn't be too far down. Do I have that right?

Also- wondering in anyone knows a good 'First hunting ground' closest to NYC area?

Thanks again. I've been researching a bit for the last week or so, but there's a tremendous amount of information out there. I'd like to make a selection on machine and get that ordered within a week or so though. First step.

- Joe

This has been helpful as well:

http://www.######.com/index.shtml (http://www./######.com/index.shtml)

Restoring Your Finds
04-25-2015, 08:24 AM
Hi DrWatson,

Welcome to the forum. I live in Westchester County. I cannot help you choose one of those detectors. I know them but never used them.
If you are looking into beach hunting, you may be interested in looking up the NYC Parks permit. I know there is also a permit for Long Island.

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Tony Two-Cent
04-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Welcome from Illinois! :waving:

We're glad you joined the forum! The AT Pro seems to be a popular machine, partly due to being waterproof, and we have several Whites MXT users here on the forum as well. I'm a Minelab user and I've never hunted in your area so I can't provide much advice, but hopefully others here can.

Best of luck!

Mountaindigger
04-26-2015, 07:19 AM
Welcome to the forum, I am from WV and you will find the forum very educational and interesting.

Fire Fighter 43
04-26-2015, 01:05 PM
Welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. I think your best choice for a good all round detector is the AT Pro. The other two are also good choices but it's nice to have the option of taking it in the water. Good luck and happy hunting.

aloldstuff
04-26-2015, 06:29 PM
Welcome from western MA. I have to agree with the ATPro. Hope you can decipher through all the information out there and looking forward to seeing your finds.

Skamaniac
04-29-2015, 01:50 AM
Welcome from Washington state. Good to have you on board.

del
05-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Welcome Joe , please let us know just what detector you do get . glad you joined us here !

Dan

mownomo
07-05-2015, 05:30 PM
Hi DrWatson,
Welcome from The Lone Star State. I run the ATP and am totally satisfied with it's results on land or in the water. Good luck on your purchase. Good huntin' and God bless you and yours.

leslie(nova scotia)
08-11-2015, 06:20 AM
Catching up on older posts and missed greating you. Welcome aboard!