PDA

View Full Version : Numbered 8 blowhole button? Regimental?

Pacivilwarluke
04-25-2015, 06:38 PM
I found this button today. It has a push to the face but it has a decorated edge and an 8 on it. I'm thinking that it might be French and iNdian wars but I'm not sure. Any input would be glady appreciated, and an ID would be phenomenonal! Thanks and HH!

del
04-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Luke is the "8" stamped into or embossed on the button , how is it there?? it looks a bit not centered , could there be another number in front of the "8" ?? also I only see one hole on the reverse , is there two??

Dan

Pacivilwarluke
04-25-2015, 07:08 PM
Luke is the "8" stamped into or embossed on the button , how is it there?? it looks a bit not centered , could there be another number in front of the "8" ?? also I only see one hole on the reverse , is there two??

Dan

It appears to be embossed, its raised and I can feel it. it's very likely that another number could precede it. Of course that's where the push is but I can attempt to clean it. There is only one hole on the back unlike my previous one from this site. Thanks for your input and help :)

del
04-25-2015, 07:47 PM
Luke I'm a bit skeptical of it being a regimental button only because as far as I knew there weren't any numbered buttons that early being used . If your a facebook user you should post it on Don Troiani's page Revolutionary Buttons , Plates and Accouterments , I'm sure he or someone else could know for sure.

Pacivilwarluke
04-25-2015, 08:05 PM
Luke I'm a bit skeptical of it being a regimental button only because as far as I knew there weren't any numbered buttons that early being used . If your a facebook user you should post it on Don Troiani's page Revolutionary Buttons , Plates and Accouterments , I'm sure he or someone else could know for sure.
Ok will do, thanks a ton! That does make sense though, I couldn't find anything on them being that early. The only thing that made me wonder was this page, because it said that it was a non number f and Indian war button which made me think there were numbered ones. If it's not military I wonder what it could be, but I'm happy with it regardless! :) HH!!

del
04-25-2015, 08:28 PM
that site I'm pretty familiar with , they sold a couple of saddle shields with the "plumes and crown" motif design and called them revolutioary war era badges from the 23rd Welsh Fuzilers , which were incorrect of course. I know because I inquiried about the "badge" and if they had an documentation that went with it and of course they didn't have any it was just word of mouth from the one they purchased it off of.

Pacivilwarluke
04-25-2015, 08:46 PM
that site I'm pretty familiar with , they sold a couple of saddle shields with the "plumes and crown" motif design and called them revolutioary war era badges from the 23rd Welsh Fuzilers , which were incorrect of course. I know because I inquiried about the "badge" and if they had an documentation that went with it and of course they didn't have any it was just word of mouth from the one they purchased it off of.

thanks for the advice on the site, if they're doing stuff like that I suppose they can't be trusted. I'm going to post it on troianis FB page now

Pacivilwarluke
04-25-2015, 09:16 PM
I actually can't find the page, could you send me the link?

del
04-25-2015, 09:23 PM
you first have to request to join as most groups ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/revolutionarywarbutton/