PDA

View Full Version : I am the button man! And what is left of a capped bust.

Pacivilwarluke
04-27-2015, 08:22 PM
Had a few hours after school today so went back to my new hotspot and was not disappointed! I started off digging a few buttons as dad was having emi problems with his fisher. I dug another one of those return to _ tags and then the corner to a shoe buckle. I got a drilled shank button, another blowhole ( 3 so far here!) I dug a large silvered button that was a heart stopper and then dad called me over. He had this beat up dime sized silver. I saw the -29 and knew he had his first capped bust. :) :groovy: I was so happy for him, i wish his would have been nicer for him but it's still ealry silver! I dug a few more buttons and then we called it quits. Saw a turkey on the way home just waddling on the side of the road. We've been seeing a lot of them down here it's great they're making a recovery. HH everybody! :)

Bell-Two
04-27-2015, 08:45 PM
Beat or not the Capped Bust is a great find.

del
04-28-2015, 05:02 AM
you are pulling an unbelievable amount of older buttons from that area Luke , is there a home site still visible or just fields now ?? tell your Dad congrats on the capped bust .

Dan

MangoAve
04-28-2015, 06:25 AM
Another ouch on the forum....but thats just the condition the coin was in. Still some silver and a capped bust at that. As Dan said, theres a bunch of buttons...and those fobs. Like I said earlier, there has to be some reason for so many fobs.

Lodge Scent
04-28-2015, 07:06 AM
Man that site is hot! Lot's of real old stuff mixed in with newer stuff. I expect you will find some more killer pieces.

Mountaindigger
04-28-2015, 07:43 AM
Outstanding and interesting finds. Love the buttons. Congratulations to you.

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:12 AM
[QUOTE=del;186662]you are pulling an unbelievable amount of older buttons from that area Luke , is there a home site still visible or just fields now ?? tell your Dad congrats on the capped bust .

Dan[/QUOTE

Thank you! :grin: There's a concentration of them in the lower field in with some iron and pottery. This is the field:

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:12 AM
Beat or not the Capped Bust is a great find.
Thanks HH!

Tony Two-Cent
04-28-2015, 08:29 AM
Very nice bunch of buttons and old relics! :yes:

Capped Bust silver is something that is on most people's bucket list. Congrats to your dad for finding one! I think it's cool that the date is still legible while almost all other details are gone. :thumbsup02:

:congrats:

EDIT: I just noticed this was my 5000th post!

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:44 AM
Very nice bunch of buttons and old relics! :yes:

Capped Bust silver is something that is on most people's bucket list. Congrats to your dad for finding one! I think it's cool that the date is still legible while almost all other details are gone. :thumbsup02:

:congrats:

Thank you! It's definitely fortunate that the date is still there! HH! :)

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:45 AM
Another ouch on the forum....but thats just the condition the coin was in. Still some silver and a capped bust at that. As Dan said, theres a bunch of buttons...and those fobs. Like I said earlier, there has to be some reason for so many fobs.
yep, it sure saw a lot of action! Yeah, it's so intersting how many of those tags I'm finding! :)

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:48 AM
Man that site is hot! Lot's of real old stuff mixed in with newer stuff. I expect you will find some more killer pieces.

thanks! I sure hope I can pull some more finds out if there! HH! :)

RIdirtdigger
04-28-2015, 09:23 AM
Great finds once again. That capped bust is still awesome even though its worn to death. Congrats to your dad and you as well!

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Outstanding and interesting finds. Love the buttons. Congratulations to you.Thanks!

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Great finds once again. That capped bust is still awesome even though its worn to death. Congrats to your dad and you as well!

thank you! :)

OxShoeDrew
04-28-2015, 03:45 PM
I never found a capped bust anything :lol::drool:
You are finding ridiculous amounts of high targets at that site. As Jeff said, I imagine you have lots more hunting to do there.
Also, congrats to Tony on his 5000th post!

aloldstuff
04-28-2015, 05:38 PM
Congrats to Dad on getting his 1st Capped Bust. That site is fantastic, love all the buttons you're getting there. Hope the return trips are still able to produce.

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:24 PM
I never found a capped bust anything :lol::drool:
You are finding ridiculous amounts of high targets at that site. As Jeff said, I imagine you have lots more hunting to do there.
Also, congrats to Tony on his 5000th post!
Thanks drew! I'm sure there's one out there with your name on it! But I guess until then you'll have to settle for that awesome seated quarter! :) :lol: hopefully it doesn't dry up anytime soon I'm really enjoying this field. Good luck out there and HH! :)

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:26 PM
Congrats to Dad on getting his 1st Capped Bust. That site is fantastic, love all the buttons you're getting there. Hope the return trips are still able to produce.
Thank you, he's pretty happy to find a US silver that old! I'll hopefully be back this week sometime before we head up to rhode island! HH!

Pacivilwarluke
04-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Congrats on the 5000th post Tony!! :thumbsup01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
04-29-2015, 05:18 PM
awesome that the date was hanging on to ID it.nice old field!