PDA

View Full Version : Ace 250 Metal Detector

annabarbosa
04-28-2015, 02:27 PM
http://adenwalls.cf/4/o.png

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41K0JC0BWQL.jpg

I received my ACE 250 from my daughter for my birthday almost 4 years ago.
After studying the manual and tinkering around with the descrimination adjustments and practicing on my own coins to become accustomed to the different sounds I was ready to find that burried "pot of gold" in my back yard. Instead, I found quite a few 'wheat' pennies, a couple silver mercury dimes and a 1963 silver quarter in good condition. All within a couple hours.
I was estatic and soon could tell from the different sounds what was junk and what was treasure.
Setting the descrimination elimination modes helps eliminate the foil from the pull tabs. I leave the pull tab setting on because the nickel and the pull tab must have similiar characteristics as I find an auful lot of nickels.
I have a place in Myrtle Beach and hit the beach a couple times a year. I can't tell how many hundreds of coins of all demoninations including the dollar ones I have found. My best finds so far were a gold heart with diamonds, a silver heart necklas, a gold toe ring, a silver bracelet, a silver ring and a couple gold/diamond earrings.
Keep in mind these beaches are searched regularly by the locals who live there year round using all kinds of metal detectors. The pin pointing feature is right on as is the depth feature. If the detector beeps there IS some kind of treasure hidden beneath it. The coin demonination scale is pretty accurate except for nickle and pull tab.

Tony Two-Cent
04-28-2015, 02:54 PM
Welcome to the forum, annabarbosa! :waving:

I'm glad you are happy with your Garrett Ace 250! It sounds like you have taken the time to learn it well and are having success with it. :thumbsup01:

I am jealous of all the gold that can be found on beaches. It's something that us land hunters miss out on.

Best of luck on your future hunts! :thumbsup02:

mownomo
05-31-2015, 04:44 PM
Annabarbosa, congratulations on your finds. I concur completely on the utility features of the Garrett equipment. Once you get it down pat, huntin' is a breeze. Now if only the diggin' was as easy. :lol: Thanks for shariing.

Skamaniac
06-01-2015, 09:59 PM
Welcome from Washington state. Another satisfied Garrett user here. Congrats on silver finds so quickly!

GA1dad
06-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Welcome to the forum, from the upcountry of South Carolina