PDA

View Full Version : Yet another set of strange items unearthed

MangoAve
04-30-2015, 07:26 AM
Yesterday after work I tried to go to a permission house, but time #4 when no one was around. gahh. So I tried to go to another place. I figured there would be a bit of trash there but all the stuff there like the ridonkulous amount of broken glass in the small driveway just made me shake my head. This place put my Nel coil to the test. Seems the coil passed, yet I got some strange objects and I was only there for a half hour or so. The place had a building there at least in 1868 and all the way until 1934, but I was unsure if the flat area was from the building or from the town putting some extra dirt there from nearby porjects. There was a flat, raised area maybe 30 ft and then it sloped down, and there was grass in the wooded area where the gound was lower elevation. After getting deciding it was not easy swinging and didn't wanna deal with the spot I decided to go to a school on the property where a house used to exist. Two of the ball fields were being used by little league so I just decided to put off detecting until after work today.

The first pic is an old lightbulb with the single contact on the bottom. Strange it has a small filament. I believe #2 is a lead seal. It's like lead cast onto iron and the iron was folded over. It does appear to say SEAL 14. There was some weird shredder piece. The four visible teeth are offset to the four teeth on the opposite side. With the fact the threaded place where it attaches is the same side as the teeth, whatever it was used for the items shredded came from the bottom. Disposal piece? Must be older cuz they come now with grinding plates. Fourth pic is some sort of escutcheon but it is small. Just a little larger than a quarter. The final pics are some sort of tin made of copper. Although I pulled it up and it's folded and creased, I think it was like a muffin tin. Single piece. It isn't really bendable by hand. It is def brass or copper. Leaning toward copper cuz all the green patina to it. And inside there was some copper or possibly gilt spots remaining. The point I will make is that I knew the object was fairly big, but how the signal dropped off made me sure it wasn't an aluminum can.

Bell-Two
04-30-2015, 12:20 PM
Well that is an eclectic set of finds for sure.

leslie(nova scotia)
04-30-2015, 01:54 PM
Dewies! Not a clue but I'm sure someone will have the answer!

OxShoeDrew
04-30-2015, 04:59 PM
:dontknow: That last thing looks old though.