PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you can't explain it "Big Silver"

wisconsin digger
05-03-2015, 04:53 AM
Had a decent week starting on Thursday. Loaned out my Camera so will add some photos when I find a replacement. I hit a town I never hunted but I am sure was pounded pretty good. Spend about 2 hours just trying to figure out the layout. In my stumbling around I managed to find a Washington '39 a Merc '36 and a wheat '34 along with about $6 in change. Great looking park but not sure it has much potential left. Friday I hit an area I started hunting that has an old High School and real old (pre 1900's) grade school side by side. I think this was my 3rd hunt and again the place appears to have been pounded pretty good but I had managed to find a Merc and lots of old pennies (mostly 20's) so it had potential. I was not having a ton of luck other than clad when I found a really funky Rosie that looked like a coin you find in gravel. With one silver I had some new energy. I ended up by an old tree and got just a squeak of a signal (we have all dug them and they usually turn out to be nails but we dig anyway) After digging awhile I finally managed to get the coin pinpointed and it turned out to be a well worn Merc ('17). I checked the hole and got the same squeak with just a little better sound but still hardly anything. This signal was around a root so I worked dirt out on both ends and pulled the dirt out of the hole. I managed to get the target and when I found it I was speechless. It turned out to be a Walking Liberty (don't know how I didn't scratch it) ('41). The coins were either on edge or something I did not see or find was masking the coins but 2 silvers in one hole should definitely of sounded better then that. Finished the weekend at the park I had great success at last week (11 silver). I put on my sniper coil thinking I would pull several more and only managed a wheat or two. I put on the stock coil and checked out the rest of the park and only managed 1 Merc near the spot that was so productive. Unfortunately this is not going to turn out to be a Honey Hole I was hoping for, very grateful to get the 12 silver bonus though. Hopefully I can get some photos posted today as I found an old relic that looks unusual and I want some help on. Thanks Wisconsin Digger

wisconsin digger
05-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Got a backup camera. Did manage to find an additional Washington today so I added that in. Thx WD Also added the picture of the relic I found that I have no idea what it is.

aloldstuff
05-05-2015, 06:13 AM
Nice group of silvers. Always great to see a big silver posted.

MangoAve
05-05-2015, 06:29 AM
Your wheats look like they come out of the ground better than they do here. At least now I get to see a pic. Nice bit of silver. Odd about the walker/merc but maybe as you said they were both on edge.

wisconsin digger
05-05-2015, 04:03 PM
I carry small plastic containers with soap and water. As I drive around I continually shake them. By the time I get home most of the clad and Wheaties look pretty good. I put a rub of olive oil on the Wheaties before I put them away. Doesn't work on all but 70-80% look pretty good when done.

DetectorDunk
05-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Nice silver, keep up the good work.