PDA

View Full Version : My Fine D.I.N.E. finds

aloldstuff
05-04-2015, 06:11 PM
Went to the Digging In New England (D.I.N.E.) hunt which was in West Kingston RI. The hunt went from 8am to about 4pm. It was a great time and got to finally meet some members face to face.

A huge turnout with people from New Jersey, New York, New Hampshire that I know of. A big farm and we had access to all the fields.

Below are my two memorable finds, a 3 ringer bullet which I did not expect at all and a 1887 IH, another coin for the signature. I'll clean up the IH at a later date.

Hope everybody else had fun there.
Thanks for reading and HH

OxShoeDrew
05-04-2015, 06:33 PM
It was nice to meet you Al and I'm glad you found something. We'll have to get together this summer :)

Trooper Bri
05-04-2015, 06:33 PM
Definitely more fun than finds for me Al. Great seeing you Rob and Tim yesterday!

aloldstuff
05-04-2015, 06:45 PM
It was nice to meet you Al and I'm glad you found something. We'll have to get together this summer :)

Drew, Great meeting you also and definitely will get together this summer.

aloldstuff
05-04-2015, 06:46 PM
Definitely more fun than finds for me Al. Great seeing you Rob and Tim yesterday!

Brian, nice seeing you there yesterday. Sorry about the lack of finds. Lets get together soon for another hunt.

kpmoose
05-04-2015, 07:50 PM
Good to see you again Al. Event was a lot of fun. Brian & Drew, didn't even realize you guys were there. I'm not much of a social butterfly, but I definitely would of said hi had I known you guys were there. Maybe we can all do some hunting together this year.

aloldstuff
05-04-2015, 08:07 PM
Good to see you again Al. Event was a lot of fun. Brian & Drew, didn't even realize you guys were there. I'm not much of a social butterfly, but I definitely would of said hi had I known you guys were there. Maybe we can all do some hunting together this year.

Kevin, it was nice to see you there. Good idea, all of us getting together.

MangoAve
05-05-2015, 06:41 AM
Too bad I didn't get to make it to the DINE. Of course I would not be hesitant to throw someone under the bus as to why I didn't go, but this is a forum and not a laundromat. One clue tho it wasn't my ride cuz there were two options. Anyway, still some nice finds. Kinda not sure which way to lean on how it will clean up. There is a nice green patina. The lettering is visible and the crud looks like it can come off, but the edge of the coin is uneven so idk. I still have yet to get out this year with Drew and Dan but maybe sometime we can meet up for a hunt.

RIdirtdigger
05-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Nice finds. I had a blast at DINE as well. It was really nice to meet a bunch of new people. Glad you had a good time too!

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 10:03 AM
I had a very good time as well! So intersting that you got a minnieball!

aloldstuff
05-05-2015, 12:03 PM
I think we needed a plan of some sort so that all of the AD members could meet.

Lodge Scent
05-06-2015, 07:50 AM
I don't think we crossed paths Al. But had to leave at 1:00 to get back in time for my daughter's concert. Nice digs! I managed some horse tack brass and a wheatie :cheesysmile:. It was a good time though.

Ill Digger
05-06-2015, 09:07 PM
That's alotta "ine's" in that title Al! :lol:
Two great finds! :thumbsup02:
Congrats! :grin:
It sounds like a perfect day weather wise! Plus getting a chance to meet some people in person, that you only know from the internet. Thats cool ain't it!
Thats how I met Jeff (FireFighter 43) and Tana (Tanacat) face to facefor the first time too. At a organized hunt in Ohio a few years ago.