PDA

View Full Version : First week of July

z118
07-06-2010, 07:42 AM
I had high hopes detecting wise for the long holiday weekend, but for the most part they went unfulfilled. Family events, boiling hot weather, and a few bust hunts limited my finds. But I still managed a few keepers, so I'm not complaining. Total from the first week of July was 198 coins worth $15.83 which includes a silver Rosie and 4 new 2010 pennies with the shield design. I also scored a nice silver ring and a small violin stamped .925. I dug 3 finds that had me going for a second but turned out to be junk - a nice looking ring, a gold colored chain bracelet, and a cross stamped 1/20th 10k. Plenty of the usual junk too - a key, buttons, earings, etc.

We are stuck in this nasty heat wave so I don't expect to do much hunting this week, but on Saturday I head out with the family for a week's vacation on the Atlantic shore where I'm hoping to have some luck beach hunting.

angellionel
07-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Nice assortment of finds, and a good haul of coins! I think I counted 37 quarters in that photo. :shocked01: I gave up on counting the dimes. lol

Have fun at the beach! The Sovereign GT will do very well there. Hit the wet sand at low tide if you can... go for the gold! thumbsup01

coinnut
07-06-2010, 11:22 AM
That's a good hunt Z. 3 silvers and the usual large amount of clad, all add up. Considering the relentless heat, I think you did real well!! thumbsup01 The 1/20 gold is not jumk either. It's much better than just being plated. What ever the weight of that item is, 1/20 is actually 10K gold.

SeabeeRon
07-06-2010, 04:17 PM
July is starting out great! :happydance01: Good luck at the shore, keep us in the loop! 8)

randy
07-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Nice digs Z. Gotta love that silver bling, and as always, the mountains of clad.

leslie(nova scotia)
07-13-2010, 12:09 PM
From the land of the Bluenose...great start to the month and hopefully it only gets better for you!