PDA

View Full Version : Great time at DINE, my first arrowhead/point and another copper

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 09:59 AM
JSaturday morning we headed up to Rhode Island for DINE and after a bunch of traffic in jersey, we arrived. Saw the sights in Newport (cliff walk was realy cool) and went to bed, excited for the morning. Went to DINE the next day and got to meet a lot of cool people, great to put faces with the names on the forum! Special thanks to whoever found my dad's pinpointer and to Dave for keeping it at the tent! :) Didn't find much, I got a Musketball and a few relatively modern coins. But it was still a great experience! Yesterday I went digging after supper but my colonial field was planted :bummer: dad managed to squeak out a nice looking KG II on the edge of the field, and since it was hot I decided to check out the creek nearby the site! As I was walking I saw a pointy object that I instntly knew was a point! It's a perfect Quartz point, and from what I've researched Quartz was typically used for coronial purposes. I'm really pleased with it! I talked to the farmer afterwards and he said that it's fine to dig in the planted field until the plans really come in. Hh!

RIdirtdigger
05-05-2015, 11:17 AM
I love the Native American projectile point! Any clue on how old it is or what period its from?Glad your dad got a copper as well. It was fun to meet you at DINE and hopefully we can hunt together sometime in June

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 11:22 AM
I love the Native American projectile point! Any clue on how old it is or what period its from?Glad your dad got a copper as well. It was fun to meet you at DINE and hopefully we can hunt together sometime in June

Thanks! I have to do research but as soon as I find out ill post it on here! It was awesome to meet you as well, can't wait for June to hopefully get my first taste of cellar hole hunting! :)

aloldstuff
05-05-2015, 12:01 PM
If I knew you were there I sure would of liked to meet you and your dad. Maybe another time. That picture of the KG II and the point is fantastic.

del
05-05-2015, 01:36 PM
Congrats on the Georgian copper and the great point Luke !

OxShoeDrew
05-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Wow, I've never found an indian point, yours is beautiful. It was nice to meet you and your dad the other day. I had the same kind of day as you had....but I agree with you, it was still fun! That copper ain't bad either! :)

The Rebel
05-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Nice looking KG as well as the point! If that thing could only talk!

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 08:12 PM
If I knew you were there I sure would of liked to meet you and your dad. Maybe another time. That picture of the KG II and the point is fantastic.

Yeah, it's sad I missed that opportunity! We were the guys with military surplus backpacks on. Thanks and HH!

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Congrats on the Georgian copper and the great point Luke !

Thank you! :)

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 08:15 PM
Wow, I've never found an indian point, yours is beautiful. It was nice to meet you and your dad the other day. I had the same kind of day as you had....but I agree with you, it was still fun! That copper ain't bad either! :)

yeah, it seemed like a matter of just getting your coil over the right spot before someone else did! Saw a bunch of 1900s silvers come out of there, which surprised me. It was awesome meeting you too! HH!

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Nice looking KG as well as the point! If that thing could only talk!

Yeah really, what it could say...:daydream: Thanks! :)

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Looks like I found the type of projectile point (at least I think) says most are found in southeastern PA where I am so it makes sense!

Bell-Two
05-05-2015, 08:45 PM
It looks as though you had a good time which is the important thing nice coin and point! I really like your pictures very nice!

kpmoose
05-05-2015, 09:02 PM

Ditto on that Luke. I didn't realize how many detectorists from AD were actually at this event.
Great Quartz point and I love your dad's KG II.:thumbsup02:

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 09:36 PM
It looks as though you had a good time which is the important thing nice coin and point! I really like your pictures very nice!
Thanks, I loved seeing such incredible natural beauty! Yep, the finds are always just the bonus! HH!

Pacivilwarluke
05-05-2015, 09:39 PM
Ditto on that Luke. I didn't realize how many detectorists from AD were actually at this event.
Great Quartz point and I love your dad's KG II.:thumbsup02:

I didn't realize it either!! whats really funny is that when you won the raffle stuff RIDIRTDIGGER and I were standing behind you! I can tell from the picture! I had a barn coat on, in your picture with Howard I think I'm in the background between your heads! Congrats on all the prizes and that sweet woods Hibernia! HH!

Lodge Scent
05-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Nice to meet you at the hunt Luke. That is a NICE KG. That quartz point is a real beauty. I have a couple of hundred quartz points and only a few of them are in that class. Quartz, unlike flint, is a hard stone to knap. :congrats:

MangoAve
05-07-2015, 07:30 AM
The KG II is sweet. Grats on the spear point. Amazing how something that old can be a surface find, yet a modern coin can be deep (and I'm not talking about places where dirt was added or plowed). For as many people were there, there weren't a large amount of finds so a few musket balls are at least average.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-07-2015, 09:37 AM
awesome stuff! was nice to finally meet you!

Pacivilwarluke
05-10-2015, 07:51 PM
Nice to meet you at the hunt Luke. That is a NICE KG. That quartz point is a real beauty. I have a couple of hundred quartz points and only a few of them are in that class. Quartz, unlike flint, is a hard stone to knap. :congrats:

Same! I'm still pretty thrilled to have unexpectedly eyeballed it! Hh! :)

Pacivilwarluke
05-10-2015, 07:52 PM
The KG II is sweet. Grats on the spear point. Amazing how something that old can be a surface find, yet a modern coin can be deep (and I'm not talking about places where dirt was added or plowed). For as many people were there, there weren't a large amount of finds so a few musket balls are at least average.

so true! I've found clad pretty deep and coppers pretty much on the surfsce, goes to show that depth does not always correspond with age! Hh!

Pacivilwarluke
05-10-2015, 07:53 PM
awesome stuff! was nice to finally meet you!
Thanks, great to meet you too! :) hh!