PDA

View Full Version : last weekend was a busy one! cellar hole hunt sat & Diggin in New England Sunday

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-07-2015, 10:03 AM
My friend Thomas Dorr from Michigan has been dreaming of hunting a colonial cellar hole for years now.That dream became a reality Saturday as he decided to make the drive down to our event for sunday (Diggin in New England)
got to the site early.Todd ,Thomas,Mike and myself headed to the 1st site which todd and myself have never hit yet.
a few buttons here n there.Tom got a nice signal he pin pointed,opened the hole ad there it was.a nice 1787 CT copper.he was elated!
todd dug a couple of coppers then we decided to go back to the war of 1812 button site.
Todd got a nice coin signal and decided to let Mike from Tenn dig it.turned out to be a gorgeous 1828 matron head.
then i got a KGIII Hibernia and a toasted CT.was a great day and everyone left with coins.
Sunday was overwhelming! never had I imagined everyone that said they were coming to the diggin in new england event would come..they did! 130 plus people.great laughs,great prizes,some cool finds and a experience I will never forget.
Thanks to everyone who donated prizes and participated.we raised over $5,000 for local charities.you guys are awesome!

Isaac
05-07-2015, 11:02 AM
The hibernia has insane details !!! Congrats on a really fun weekend :)

del
05-07-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm glad to see Thomas come away with some colonial "goodies" , especially coming from all that way . you and Terry did a great thing by raising monies for charity and giving everyone a place to come together and detect Dave . Well done :clapping::notworthy:

OxShoeDrew
05-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Hats off to you Dave! That was a well-run event! Also, wonderful that you let your friend dig that coin. You were repaid with that outstanding Hibernia. Some great pics but I have to say I'm partial to the 7th one down, not because of the pretty lady, or all those digging whiz guys, but because I'm between the two on the right.:lol:

aloldstuff
05-07-2015, 05:01 PM
Dave, some nice finds and I think that its great that Tom and Mike both left with some colonial coinage. Also a fine job setting up the D.I.N.E..

RIdirtdigger
05-07-2015, 05:01 PM
WOW that Hibernia is amazing. Glad to see your guests got the proper New England Cellar hole experience. Great finds and it was a pleasure to finally meet you at DINE.

Thiltzy
05-07-2015, 05:56 PM
Dave, I can't say it enough on the great success of the D.I.N.E. You put a lot of effort into it and it showed. It ran so smooth and I have to say it was a big hit. I am happy with the charities you chose. great job.

HEAVYMETALNUT
05-07-2015, 08:23 PM
thanks!hopefully we can do this again!

MangoAve
05-08-2015, 07:28 AM
Dave, I can't say it enough on the great success of the D.I.N.E. You put a lot of effort into it and it showed. It ran so smooth and I have to say it was a big hit. I am happy with the charities you chose. great job.

Dave took care of everything with the DINE? Too bad I couldn't make it. A pissing contest I didn't win.... and what I lost to wasn't really worth it either. Hopefully something can happen again like that. Or even something smaller. Love that Hibernia.

Drew, that might be a photobomb fail :lol:.. I couldn't tell that was you.

Bell-Two
05-08-2015, 09:00 PM
Wow that is a sweet coin Dave so wonderful of you and Todd made dreams come true!

Lodge Scent
05-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Good job turning you buddies onto some cellar hole goodies and nice job on the DINE hunt Dave. It was a good time.

kpmoose
05-09-2015, 09:51 PM
Definitely a job well done, both Saturday and Sunday. I'm sure your guests Saturday were very appreciative of the hospitality you and Todd showed them.:clapping:
If I had to give the D I N E event a grade, it would be :perfect10:

The Rebel
05-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Awesome finds & friends!

Digger Don
05-13-2015, 08:35 AM
It sounds like the D.I.N.E. event was an amazing time for all. It would have been awesome to attend, but a little far for us.
I don't know much about the stuff you find up in your neck of the woods, but based on all the posts, I guess you had a great day.
I always find he buckles you dig amazing. I would love to pull something like that out of the ground. :envious: