PDA

View Full Version : Short After Work Hunt / Silver in the Hole

Digger Don
05-07-2015, 09:23 PM
I stopped after work today and got permission at a 1920s home.
The first pass along the sidewalk netted me a 1945 Merc. On the return pass, I dug a 1962 Rosie.

Ok, so now I'm thinking this is going to be a great property. Then the owners girl friend comes out and tells me
she just fertilized and I have to go. I thought to my self, CRAP. Then I thanked her for the short time I had and went on my way. I tried one more home and only found a couple of wheats and a couple of toy cars.

I went home happy, two silvers after work, PRICELESS.

MangoAve
05-08-2015, 06:36 AM
Nice few silvers. Even tho, don't you use gloves while digging? I saw Tony's YouTube and he doesn't. Maybe in a week you can go back once a rain shower has dissolved the fertilizer.

Digger Don
05-08-2015, 07:26 AM
Nice few silvers. Even tho, don't you use gloves while digging? I saw Tony's YouTube and he doesn't. Maybe in a week you can go back once a rain shower has dissolved the fertilizer.
No, I hardly ever wear gloves. The fertilizer didn't bother me. I think she was implying that she didn't want me walking on the grass with fresh fertilizer on it.
She was nice about it, I'll try again at a later date.

MangoAve
05-08-2015, 07:41 AM
No, I hardly ever wear gloves.

The dirt always makes my hands dry and it's always hard to clean under my fingernails after digging with no gloves. The downside is having to take them off for replacing batteries, fixing the hair because the wind blowing it in my face, taking out the phone for a pic or due to someone being oblivious to the fact I am detecting making me engaged and occupied.

PL8MAN
05-08-2015, 09:36 PM
Sweet silver !

aloldstuff
05-10-2015, 06:20 AM
Glad to see you scoring the 2 silvers before the "fertilizer scare of 2015." Definitely hit that again.

Tony Two-Cent
05-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Nice few silvers. Even tho, don't you use gloves while digging? I saw Tony's YouTube and he doesn't.

Actually, I always wear gloves, although I usually take them off when operating my video camera. I cut my finger very badly on a piece of glass one time. Since then, I have always worn gloves when digging. :yes:

Congrats on the silver dimes, Don! :clapping:

driftwood1963
05-11-2015, 04:33 PM
Nice!

DetectorDunk
05-14-2015, 01:51 PM
I call shotgun on the jeep :)