PDA

View Full Version : To all E-Trac veterans

trout-hunter
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I just want to personally say thanks for your willingness to share your tips and knowledge of the use of ths Trac, as it's made my first month with it already somewhat rewarding with the finds and do continue to offer all the knowledege you wish to share with me and other new owners of the Trac.
Thanks
Ernie :clapping:

coinnut
07-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks Ernie for that. We hope that this forum is a place where good people can make good friends and share their experiences and knowledge, as well as have a good time. Regardless of detector brand, I hope all people continue to share their gained experiences, so others can benifit from it. I would think that even though you may be new to the E Trac, you too will have some bit of knowledge to share, as you learn your machine. Thanks for your nice comments and thanks for taking part in our forum!!

angellionel
07-06-2010, 05:42 PM
I can't say it any better than George already has. :yes: I'm glad to hear that you have found the information shared by the members helpful! Thank you for your nice comments, Ernie. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
07-07-2010, 12:17 AM
I would like thank'em too :yes:

sjv
07-07-2010, 09:53 PM
I hear a lot about the e-trac and how great it is. How does it compare to the V3 from Whites? Ease of use, weight, depth or anything else you can say to help me upgrade from my Whites XLT. I've had the XLT for about 7 years and I know I'm missing objects deeper than 7 or 8 inches and thats just Relics. The deepest coin was about 6 1/2 deep.

coinnut
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
I hear a lot about the e-trac and how great it is. How does it compare to the V3 from Whites? Ease of use, weight, depth or anything else you can say to help me upgrade from my Whites XLT. I've had the XLT for about 7 years and I know I'm missing objects deeper than 7 or 8 inches and thats just Relics. The deepest coin was about 6 1/2 deep.

You can't compare machines effectively, mainly because there is always operator error and experience involved. So I can't tell you which is better, but I will say that 6 1/2 on a coin with an XLT is low. I think you need to work out a program that makes that XLT find coins at least in the 8 range. It is capable of doing that and more with the right programs. I wouldn't sell yet, until you 've maxed that machine out. Why spend $1500.00 just to get a new machine. But if you really want a new machine, the best bet is to try one of each out Sal. The E Trac can feel heavier, since you swing much slower with it. So your arm and back support the machine a bit more than a Whites. Just my opinion on the V3i, but if you are not a computer kinda guy, the V3i may have too many options, screens, controls for your liking. To get the most out of any machine, you have to work all the features. I would ask for some programs for the XLT and see how they help your machine's depth.

sjv
07-09-2010, 05:47 AM
Thanks coinnut for the advice. Yea, weight is definitely a factor for me because of the fact I have Chronic Inflammatory Illness from the Lymes. The swingy thing I made helps with my arms but puts the weight on the shoulders. When I said 6.5 inches, I meant on average. I have found Large cents at 8 inches or slightly deeper. I've also found them at 3 inches. I think I will visit Tony and try them both out. Thanks again.
Sal