PDA

View Full Version : Coppers 8-10, silver #13, lots of new sites and lots of relics.

RIdirtdigger
05-19-2015, 06:28 PM
I have been doing a lot of detecting lately. I found an area of woods with a bunch of cellars, none of them are on any maps. I went out today on a scouting mission and located two more new sites but my batteries gave out on me at the last site. It was a pretty miserable day pouring on and off. When the rain stopped the bugs came out and vice versa. I got the pewter shoe buckle frame at the site where I got my CT Copper in my last post. Also got the thimble there. The King George copper came from a massive field on public land with a bunch of stone walls. Not a lot of targets, probably pasture land. SLQ came from a park. The rest of my finds all came from the new patch of woods. There could be up to 20 sites. Most have been hit before but they still left behind targets. The early shoe buckle frame came from a separate set of woods with a ton of stone walls but no cellar hole. I'm pretty sure there's a cabin site close by but I changed locations cause it was pouring down rain. Both coppers are blank discs. Can anyone help me on the Pewter spoon handle? Its labeled "Reilly & NY Rogers" and also has the letters "BL" that someone, probably the homeowner engraved. Pretty cool find in my opinion. Overall nothing spectacular but still some decent finds. Happy Hunting everyone! 477844778147782477834778047785

MangoAve
05-19-2015, 08:11 PM
This is the best I could find:

http://silverandsilverplate.blogspot.com/2010/04/clearing-up-rogers-confusion-marks-and.html?m=1

My guess it's one of the Wm Rogers companies that became Rogers Bros. None of the insignias match And nothing comes up fir Reilly.

del
05-19-2015, 10:46 PM
nice finds , looks like you found two shoe buckles and that second one is an early one too. great relics and coins congrats .:thumbsup02:

Lodge Scent
05-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Nice finds! With an area that big you should be busy for a while :congrats:

OxShoeDrew
05-20-2015, 02:37 PM
I sometimes find dandies that are bent at a perfect right angle. Is that one? I wonder why that happens. I've yet to find a SLQ....someday! Nice bunch of finds!

Bell-Two
05-20-2015, 09:40 PM
You must be filled with anticipation thinking about all those sites! Looking forward to more of your posts from these areas.

RIdirtdigger
05-21-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone! I hope I can pull something awesome from one of these sites.

RIdirtdigger
05-21-2015, 09:01 AM
I sometimes find dandies that are bent at a perfect right angle. Is that one? I wonder why that happens. I've yet to find a SLQ....someday! Nice bunch of finds!

Thanks, the dandy is not bent a perfect 90 degree angle but its close to it. Don't know why I find buttons rolled up or bent.

The Rebel
05-21-2015, 11:21 AM
WTG on the finds!