PDA

View Full Version : Odd plate - Vintage car?

Restoring Your Finds
05-19-2015, 09:50 PM
Hello all,

Was out last weekend and found this. Have no clue what it can be. All I can think of is some part of an old car. All letters can be easily read and the Co at the end probably stands for Company. I can't figure out exactly the order of the other letters : EMRT...? Diameter is 4 inches. Probably not the find of a lifetime but I would still like to know what it is.

Any help is welcome !

Ill Digger
05-19-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm not usually the one to ID anything.:lol:
But it's a neat find. It looks to have some age to it IMO.
Whats the back look like?

del
05-19-2015, 11:18 PM
wow very cool looking plate , traditionally the "monogrammed" styled (love tokens , badges , company logos ) are read from the middle letters outward. I'm with Tim and would like to view the reverse.

chief5709
05-20-2015, 04:41 AM
My guess... TM ER Co. TM Electric Railway Co.?

Restoring Your Finds
05-20-2015, 05:52 AM
Thanks for your feedback guys ! The back is pretty plain. To me, it looks pretty old. Chief, that could be it ! Del, thanks for the info on the letters. I didn't know that !

MangoAve
05-20-2015, 07:43 AM
Interesting. I didn't even notice the piece on the back where it could spin. I only saw the hole in the top. Could the TM stand for 'The Milwaukee' as in The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Co? I wonder what something from Milwaukee was doing in NY, tho...aside from something like a coin.

Restoring Your Finds
05-20-2015, 09:29 AM
Interesting. I didn't even notice the piece on the back where it could spin. I only saw the hole in the top. Could the TM stand for 'The Milwaukee' as in The Milwaukee Electric Railway and Light Co? I wonder what something from Milwaukee was doing in NY, tho...aside from something like a coin.

It sure looks like it even though I have not been able yet to find a similar item from that company. And just like you, I am really unable to explain why such an item would be found in Westchester County, NY.

BTV Digger
05-24-2015, 04:36 PM
They have a dedicated website, (http://www.tmer.org/Section/History/The_Milwaukee_Electric_Railway_and_Light_Company/index.html). Perhaps you could contact them with a pic of your badge and they could provide more info.

John