PDA

View Full Version : Need good case suggestions

DetectorDunk
05-20-2015, 03:36 PM
I would like to fit my CTX 3030 with stock coil, 17" coil, and sampson t-handle shovel. I have already looked at the Garret soft case that seems it would hold the items, but does anyone have any experience with other cases that would also hold these items.

Ronandari
05-20-2015, 09:41 PM
Hey DetectorDunk. I looked for a hard case for my Whites VX3 and couldn't find anything off the shelf that I felt would work the way I wanted. I travel and I wanted something that could survive the baggage handlers at the airport. I made my own out of a hard plastic roll away and foam that I cut out to fit each part of the detector. So far it has survived multiple cross country flights and drives. Total cost was about $100.

Restoring Your Finds
05-21-2015, 06:04 AM
To be perfectly honest, at the beginning, when I saw the first pic, I told myself : "Why in the hell would he use such a big box??"

And then I looked at the other pics... :shocked05::wow: You did a fantastic job !! And yes... the size of the box is more than perfect !! Everything you need fits in there and each and every part is protected. Thanks for sharing.

DetectorDunk
05-23-2015, 03:49 AM
Hey DetectorDunk. I looked for a hard case for my Whites VX3 and couldn't find anything off the shelf that I felt would work the way I wanted. I travel and I wanted something that could survive the baggage handlers at the airport. I made my own out of a hard plastic roll away and foam that I cut out to fit each part of the detector. So far it has survived multiple cross country flights and drives. Total cost was about $100.
Very crafty, I'll have to make one of those before I travel by plane.

mownomo
05-31-2015, 03:41 PM
Ingenious!! and well done.