PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 day hunt: 2 buttons and 1 ????

kpmoose
05-24-2015, 08:36 PM
Managed a 1/2 day hunt today at a cellar hole I've been to a couple times prior. Pulled the usual bullet casings, shot gun shells, misc. iron etc. Found 2 keeper buttons, one with some gold gilt. I'm not quite sure what the other item I found is- some sort of belt plate, but maybe too small to be that? It measures about 1 11/16 x 1 3/8". I'm sure someone will have an idea what it might be.

Almost forgot, one of the hiking trails is also frequented by mountain bikers. I was randomly swinging on my way in and found a bike computer just under the leaf cover. It computes your speed and distance travelled. So I got that going for me. Now I just need to tune up my mountain bike that has been hanging from the rafters in my garage for about 15 years. :lol:

Tony Two-Cent
05-24-2015, 08:42 PM
No idea on the "belt plate" except that it may be a saddle decoration.

And hey, congrats on the bike computer. Does it still work?

Pacivilwarluke
05-24-2015, 08:55 PM
I like the buttons, it's always good when they are designed. About the mystery piece: I don't think it's a belt plate based on size and attachment hooks, probably decoration off a bridle or other horse related gear! Great finds!

kpmoose
05-24-2015, 09:05 PM
No idea on the "belt plate" except that it may be a saddle decoration.

And hey, congrats on the bike computer. Does it still work?

Yep, it still works. Just bought both of my girls new bikes a few weeks ago. They'll have to fight over who gets it. :cheesysmile:

Lodge Scent
05-25-2015, 08:24 AM
A couple of nice buttons. Yeah, I'd also go with horse tack related on the other piece.

OxShoeDrew
05-25-2015, 01:47 PM
Nice buttons and pics! I hope you start riding again!

Bell-Two
05-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Nice buttons and congrats on the good finds. The bike computer won't do you any good without the sending unit which is mounted to the frame and fork.

aloldstuff
05-26-2015, 06:02 PM
Some nice finds. It's amazing how the gold gilt still remains after all those years in the ground.

BTV Digger
05-29-2015, 09:50 AM
Always nice to find a few keepers. Definitely worth saving. Agree with others' comments that the larger item is most likely a bridal rosette.

John

del
06-01-2015, 11:05 PM
I would really like to see it in person but like the others I speculate its off of a horse harness , maybe a martingale chest ornament on a horse harness.

Dan