PDA

View Full Version : My wife digs her first civil war relic

deerhuntinghippie
05-26-2015, 03:25 PM
We got a detector 3 months ago and have been relic hunting for 2 months. We are finally getting on some decent property here in Georgia. Check out the video I threw together of my wife digging her first relic and my daughter turning in to Gollum as I take the Relic from her haha.[emoji2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDjlmvXbkFU

del
05-26-2015, 05:10 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum Dhh , boy your starting them kids out young in the hobby :lol: children and live cameras are a very entertaining when your trying to accomplish something , well done :clapping:but man get your self a decent shovel , you made me cringe every time you went for a target . Hate to see you gouge a nice coin or relic . glad you found us here Dhh.

Dan

aloldstuff
05-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Nice find and your kids are great. Gotta agree, that shovel is scary.

deerhuntinghippie
05-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Thanks for taking the time to watch my crazy little family. We have lots of fun while detecting. As far as the shovel goes, I had left mine at home and had to use the only other one on the property. It was horrible ha!

USN Retired
05-27-2015, 12:37 PM
Nice to see the family involved, scary shovel especially in he rock hard earth of Georgia. Welcome to the forum from SW GA

Pacivilwarluke
05-27-2015, 05:29 PM
Welcome! I throughly enjoyed your video! Filming with the little ones seems daunting but well worth it! :) Some priceless reactions! Congrats and hh!

deerhuntinghippie
05-27-2015, 05:30 PM
It is indeed daunting! But definitely worth it. Thanks for watching!

leslie(nova scotia)
05-28-2015, 09:44 PM
Enjoyed the vid and thanks for posting. great to have a half who enjoys the hobby!

deerhuntinghippie
05-29-2015, 07:39 AM
Yes it is! I'm usually fishing this time of year but my kids are at an age where I needed a hobby that was easier for them to participate in. When we first started I didn't know my wife was going to get hooked. As a matter of fact I didn't think she was going to like it at all. But she loves it. Especially after digging the bullet in the video. She's even helping me research haha!

mownomo
05-30-2015, 10:29 PM
Congratulations on the finds and especially on getting the family involved. It is the most precious asset you will ever have. God bless you and yours.

deerhuntinghippie
05-30-2015, 11:03 PM
I appreciate that! Thanks for taking the time to watch.