PDA

View Full Version : My V3i is off to the hospital

aloldstuff
05-26-2015, 06:09 PM
Had to ship the old trusty V3i off to Sweet Home for a new toggle switch. Seems that after 7 years of pretty good use those switches just give out.

In the past White's customer service has been excellent so I am expecting the same treatment. :cheesysmile:

Ronandari
05-26-2015, 06:14 PM
I am sure that they will treT you right. I have a faulty display that is under warranty that expires in June but I am having a hard time sending it away.

del
05-26-2015, 06:21 PM
I guess I've been lucky with mine on my dfx , its about 10 years old now and the toggle is completely brass (all the chrome has been worn off from usage) .

aloldstuff
05-26-2015, 07:05 PM
My V3i has gotta be 6-7 yrs old so definitely no warranty. Will be interesting to see what the cost will be

OxShoeDrew
05-26-2015, 07:33 PM
I had to send one of my T2s in to re-shield the coil and they automatically replaced the toggle switch with a different type. I don't know why.
I hope you get a pleasant outcome.

Epi-hunter
05-26-2015, 09:47 PM
I'm sure they will take great care of you.

Of course you could try an E-Trac in the meantime. :)

aloldstuff
05-27-2015, 06:46 AM
I'm sure they will take great care of you.

Of course you could try an E-Trac in the meantime. :)

I'll have to dust off the Prizm V in the meantime.

freemindstuck
06-02-2015, 12:25 PM
I like that they'll just sell you the switch so that if you're handy at disassembling electronics you can fix it yourself. Partings are painful but I'm sure you'll have you're detector back before you know it.

aloldstuff
06-02-2015, 07:57 PM
I like that they'll just sell you the switch so that if you're handy at disassembling electronics you can fix it yourself. Partings are painful but I'm sure you'll have you're detector back before you know it.

I get shocked putting batteries in a flashlight so I am more than willing to have someone else replace that part.

CyberSage
06-13-2015, 01:07 PM
I have replaced the switch on my DFX, and V3 after they broke. I actually replaced the switch on my MXT on purpose so I could get it to lock to use my inline probe. It was a fairly easy procedure if your handy with a soldering iron. My local Whites dealer had them in stock, so it must be a common wear & tear item.