PDA

View Full Version : half an hour at a park

lee
05-28-2015, 06:41 PM
so Tuesday evening i head to a park just down the road from me, turned over to the town in 1887, for a quick hunt before it got dark.
after a few minuets i get a deep signal reading 92 at 10 inches on my new AT PRO. having only just got it a few weeks ago im still figuring out what all the new numbers mean and having not seen a 92 so far i thought id dig it.
so i get down to 8 inches and the pin pointer aint picking up anything , another 2 inches still nothing ? , by this point im starting to hear Chinese voices coming from the hole ...lol , another 2 inches go by and there's a squeak from the pin pointer so i dig another 2 inches and it gone ????? "what the @#*% !!!!", so i check the dirt and the pointer sounds off "its out yes".
by this time me right arm felt like i had gone 8 rounds with mike Tyson but there in the dirt was laying a copper thing.
after closer examination i see the date 1831 , my first matron head large cent with the AT PRO !!! , now i know what a 92 is.
it aint in bad shape actually so here is a few pics.

lee
05-28-2015, 06:43 PM
"bloody hell i need a manicure".
i aint cleaned it yet , any ideas? or should i just leave it ?.

del
05-29-2015, 04:01 AM
E-gad!:shocked02: those are some dirty mitts :whiteflag:you were digging the coin with a shovel , yes ?? ;) naw , just bustin your chops , you should see my paws after a day of digging :barf:

anyways very sweet copper , its looks pretty good I wouldn't do too much more to it . congrats :clapping:

MangoAve
05-29-2015, 07:32 AM
"bloody hell i need a manicure".
i aint cleaned it yet , any ideas? or should i just leave it ?.

...Listen to the bulldog go on about his fingernails. :lol: I don't belive there is much more you can do to that coin to clean it without removing actual coin material.

GA1dad
05-29-2015, 08:02 AM
Good for you!! Congrats!! I always enjoy those quick hunts.

lee
05-29-2015, 08:48 PM
...Listen to the bulldog go on about his fingernails. :lol: I don't believe there is much more you can do to that coin to clean it without removing actual coin material.
male grooming is very important mango , haven't you noticed how fragrant i am even though im the bulldog...lol.
ive just got the coin in olive oil and i think thats all ill do with it.

Trooper Bri
05-29-2015, 09:57 PM
Nice coin Lee!
You and that AT Pro are going to be a deadly pair. The NEL coils for them are highly rated too.

Digger Don
05-30-2015, 01:59 PM
Great Find. I couldn't even imagine digging a LC in a park around my home. :congrats:

mownomo
05-31-2015, 07:00 PM
Glad the ATP is working out for you. Keep on digging those LCs. Thanks for sharing.