PDA

View Full Version : My new strangest find,,,,

GA1dad
05-30-2015, 02:10 PM
Yesterday after work I hit my local old 1800's park,,, the hard hunted one that has totally whipped me and left me empty handed. Well it finally gave up a little trinket,,,,, an old school razor. That, and a couple of 70's memorials was all I found. I used the little 6 inch concentric on the MXT for the first time.

I have to say,,, I really like the MXT. I still chase way too much rust with it, but hopefully that will get better with time. Now I've used all three coils, 12", 9" Spider and the little 6". I think I like the 9" spider the best,, great balance and good general purpose coil. Would be better if it wasn't open and didn't snag limbs, but in open ground that's not an issue.

So having come to grips with digging up a casket handle, I figured that would be my winner for strangest find ever,,,,,, that is until yesterday. I swung over a mid 70's signal at 5 inches, in the open grass in the park. I cut an flipped a nice plug and looked in the hole,,,,,, an 1 ounce egg sinker covered in mud. I picked it up and squeezed it between my thumb and index finger to get the mud off,,,, and it exploded and shot out the nastiest white gook. Turned out to be a real egg of some sort,,,, 5 inches deep,,,,, and rotten!! Not sure what bird it came from,, it was about an inch long and maybe 3/4 inch in diameter,,,,, but I was awful glad I had my gloves on. ( and the mid 70's signal was rust )

No pics of the egg,,, but here's a couple from the hunt.

OxShoeDrew
05-30-2015, 03:01 PM
"having come to grips with digging up a casket handle" :hystericallaugh:...grips, handle :lol: you're killing me :lol: Maybe we should start a strangest find of the month award....there would be two items to vote on this month. The handle and the egg. I'm going with the egg. :lol:

del
05-30-2015, 06:01 PM
could the egg been a reptiles or turtles being buried so deep ?? a casket handle huh ??? that would get my vote for strangest find . sounds like the machine and coils are doing well.

Dan

Bell-Two
05-31-2015, 03:40 PM
Well now that is different! When I first started I dug a vacuum cleaner!

aloldstuff
06-04-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm leaning towards a turtle egg myself.

Skamaniac
06-09-2015, 08:34 AM
Cool old razor. Funny story story about the little something eggstra you found too.

GA1dad
06-09-2015, 09:30 AM
little something eggstra .

Nice!!!

Digger Don
06-09-2015, 01:29 PM
Cool Finds . It looks like a beautiful place to hunt.