PDA

View Full Version : I think my detector is mocking me.

Jason in Enid
11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
OK, as most here probably remember, my first few hunts with my E-Trac resulted in 3 new silvers. The last couple weeks have been really crappy for finds though. Been trying some old sites that gave up silver in the past, and some new sites (that date back to 1900). Only a couple wheaties, some trash, but no silver.

I think my machine knows that I am trying to find silver now. I went to an old house site this morning. Pennies, pennies everywhere. They all read as dime to quarter!!! I was getting CO values of 45-47 and thinking maybe this one is silver.... and out of the hole would come a memorial from 3 - 6 inches deep. :angry:

So I've determined that my machine is intentionally teasing me. I'm thinking of punishing it by making it search all day tomorrow. I have a feeling that my shoulders will be saying this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you :grin:

Bentfork
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
Don't let that machine get the upper hand! Force it to work overtime - triple time! Holidays too! lol

G.

Epi-hunter
11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
I know that feeling. But your dry spell is going to end soon, I can feel it. Especially if you make the E-trac work all day tomorrow lol

Think of it this way.... when the silver starts coming you will appreciate it all the more. :)

Jason in Enid
11-12-2009, 12:36 AM
I'm still working on it's punishment. I've been researching the old Sanborn maps for local parks. I have 2 that date back to the 20's and 30's. One used to be a tourist park, then just a park, and has been a baseball field for many decades now. I've never hunted this park.
The other, is the park I have hit several times. I started on the west end, and have been working east (I have pulled 2 silvers and about 10 wheats so far). I almost got halfway so far. I just found a Sanborn map that shows an open air theatre, just east of half way so I may be just getting into the seating area for the theatre.

Decisions, decisions.

Dave
11-12-2009, 01:44 AM
I just found a Sanborn map that shows an open air theatre, just east of half way so I may be just getting into the seating area for the theatre.

Decisions, decisions.

That sounds like the perfect spot to start griding. Get the coil on the ground, go sloww and dig those silvers!

MNDigger
11-12-2009, 08:55 AM
My Etrac did the same thing to me when I got it! Went to a park on its maiden voyage and pulled three silver dimes. Went back to the same park several times and not another silver to be had. Don't worry though just when you least expect it the drought will end and you will open up the silver mine!

OkieDigger
11-12-2009, 10:00 AM
I had the opposite happen to me. I bought the machine and couldn't find any silver with it for weeks. Once I popped that first silver dime, it started rolling in.