PDA

View Full Version : PINPOINTER for LOST TINY GOLD STUD EARRING

KINCUMBER
07-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Hi, I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer, but it will not register a matching lost tiny gold earring. Is there a pro-pointer that is hyper-sentsitive that would register a tiny gold stud earring?

SHIMMER77502
07-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Not sure what to say - I found a tiny gold ball earring and a small silver earring using my Garrett Pro-Pointer. You do have to be within 1-1/2 from your target from what I've been told.

randy
07-20-2010, 03:59 PM
There is a way to make the propointer more sensitive by taping a nickel to the side. I lost the link, but if you google around, you may find it. I think I originally saw it on youtube. It actually seems to work, at least if you believe the video. Good luck finding it.

SHIMMER77502
07-21-2010, 12:50 PM
Just thought of this - when my Pinpointer was acting up several months ago I changed out the battery (mine takes a 9 volt) and it made all the difference. Maybe it is your battery?

Lowjiber
07-21-2010, 04:30 PM
Hi, I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer, but it will not register a matching lost tiny gold earring. Is there a pro-pointer that is hyper-sentsitive that would register a tiny gold stud earring?

A Vibraprobe is a pulse induction pinpointer...it will hit on anything.

Additionally, a SunRay probe will have no problems picking up the tiny gold earring. However, they are probes, as opposed to pinpointers, and are machine specific. Here's the link to their site: http://www.sunraydetector.com/ Give them a call if your detector is one that they list. You'll find them to be the nicest people you've ever dealt with.

NiagaraCountyNY
07-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Strange the pro wont pick that up isnt it??I have the vibra probe. (doesnt go very deep)Im really hooked on the sunray probe tho myself.I love being able to use the detectors settings to probe my holes(which are full of iron most of the time).This way I get what im after instead of digging all the iron up.I recently had to send my sunray back,The field was broke and ity was going nuts.Anyways I started using the vibra probe as my backup...I started having to give up on some holes because i couldnt find the target.I think the depth ability was my main issue.I get about 3 to 4 inches with my sunray on auto sens. Good Luck on your choice!! HH

coinnut
07-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Strange the pro wont pick that up isnt it??I have the vibra probe. (doesnt go very deep)Im really hooked on the sunray probe tho myself.I love being able to use the detectors settings to probe my holes(which are full of iron most of the time).This way I get what im after instead of digging all the iron up.I recently had to send my sunray back,The field was broke and ity was going nuts.Anyways I started using the vibra probe as my backup...I started having to give up on some holes because i couldnt find the target.I think the depth ability was my main issue.I get about 3 to 4 inches with my sunray on auto sens. Good Luck on your choice!! HH

I love my Sunray probe too. Can't be without the discrimination function and love seeing (and hearing) that 12-46 signal lol But in my soil I get about 2 in auto and a hair over 3 in max manual. It does false a bit more when sensitivity is at max on my E Trac. But I love that probe!! :smitten: