PDA

View Full Version : First silver coin today

GA1dad
06-02-2015, 08:31 PM
Went my first two years without a silver anything,,, then found two silver items in 3 days,,,, Happy, Happy, Happy!!

I got permission to hunt an early 1900's mill house this afternoon. The owner (co-worker) grew up there, and so did his mother. He said as far as he knows no one has ever detected there. We found a hand full of clad, 3 wheat cents and my first silver coin ever. I detected there for about 2 hours, and really only covered the front yard. Mostly answered questions and occupied his young children. I suspect I'll find more there when I can slow down with headphones.

Yep,,, love this MXT!!! Today was the perfect hunt for focusing on VDI numbers. Reckon now I'll have to stop whining about not finding silver,,,,,,

Ill Digger
06-02-2015, 09:33 PM
YEAH!!! :cheering: The flood gates have now opened!!!
The first seems to be the toughest!
Congrats on your first silver!
And it's a Merc too! Better than a Rosie.:lol:
Looks like a great spot! I would defiantly knock on that door. ;)

denny2w
06-02-2015, 10:04 PM
She's a beauty! WTG...

Digger Don
06-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Congrats on your first Silver. Great looking merc.
I agree with Tim, The first is always the hardest.
Love the site. That sunken sidewalk and big tree with exposed roots.

I 'll bet you find more there. Good Luck

MIKE54
06-02-2015, 10:18 PM
:congrats: Good for you!!!

Tony Two-Cent
06-03-2015, 08:10 AM
Congrats on your first silver coin! :cheering:

I think a Mercury Dime was probably the first for most of us here. It is a great feeling to see that shiny stuff in the dirt! :yes:

That house and yard looks awesome. I bet there is more there!

:congrats:

aloldstuff
06-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Your on a roll now. Nice merc and was it under one of the big trees?

GA1dad
06-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Just a follow up.

The home owner sent me some pictures this morning. He showed some interest, so I brought the Ace 350 and walked him through the basics. This was his son's first find,,, a penny. He told me the kids were still talking about all the stuff we dug up.