PDA

View Full Version : Hot Day Silver

angellionel
07-07-2010, 09:27 PM
I wanted to detect at a town common late this afternoon, but with the temperatures hovering around 101 degrees I thought better of it. :shocked01: Instead I headed to a small park located by the local river to detect under the shade of the large trees found there. I arrived at the park close to 4:00, but it was still too hot! I persevered though, gridding a section by a line of trees. I left the park with eight silver coins in my pouch. :happydance01:

I love the sight of a Standing Liberty quarter resting on a dirt pile.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/July/1928SLQ_070710.jpg

A 1942 Washington quarter peeks through the soil.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/July/quarterinsoil_070710.jpg

Today's silver. From an angle I am able to just barely make out the outline of the last two numbers of the year on the Standing Liberty quarter - 1928. :cheesysmile:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/July/silvercoins_070710.jpg

This large religious pendant would have been sweet as silver, but it's still a nice find.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/July/religiouspendant_070710.jpg

There weren't many wheat cents today. They are dated in the 40's.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/July/wheatcents_070710.jpg

HH!

Ill Digger
07-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Man there's days I go out and don't find four quarters at all, and here you go out and find four silver quarters. And four silver dime to boot :shocked04:
You we're definaitly rewarded for your time in the heat :yes:
Congrats on the sweet silver!! :grin:

Snowy
07-08-2010, 04:24 AM
Nice! Is the river swimable? If it was a swimming hole back then, imagine what's in the water! I could camp myself in a place like that (well, if there was a campground close by, I mean). :lol:

Hook
07-08-2010, 06:05 AM
and the beat goes on! simply amazing how many coins were lost in the parks you hunt Angel. As far as the parks near or along the river..do you find the coins to be deeper than the other parks due to river flooding in the past depositing a lot of silt in the park? In south louisiana near new orleans i found a layer of silt about 5-6 inches deep from the katrina flooding due to the water sitting inside the busted levees for so long.
Good job once again Angel :clapping:. You should be sponsored by minelab and travel around the country giving demonstrations on just how good the E-Trac really is !

coinnut
07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
You should be sponsored by minelab and travel around the country giving demonstrations on just how good the E-Trac really is !

Yea, I second that. Just think, Angel going around the world telling everyone how great Minelab is and everyone else detecting the now vacant, silver parks :drool: :drool: :drool: :clapping: :happydance01: Nice job on the silvers from that well hit park! :thumbsup01:

angellionel
07-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Man there's days I go out and don't find four quarters at all, and here you go out and find four silver quarters. And four silver dime to boot :shocked04:
You we're definaitly rewarded for your time in the heat :yes:
Congrats on the sweet silver!! :grin:

At one point I wanted to leave because of the heat, but I changed my mind once the SLQ popped out of the ground. :lol:

Nice! Is the river swimable? If it was a swimming hole back then, imagine what's in the water! I could camp myself in a place like that (well, if there was a campground close by, I mean). :lol:

The river does have a few unofficial swimming holes with sandy patches that can be detected. :yes: I will have to try them out sometime.

and the beat goes on! simply amazing how many coins were lost in the parks you hunt Angel. As far as the parks near or along the river..do you find the coins to be deeper than the other parks due to river flooding in the past depositing a lot of silt in the park? In south louisiana near new orleans i found a layer of silt about 5-6 inches deep from the katrina flooding due to the water sitting inside the busted levees for so long.
Good job once again Angel :clapping:. You should be sponsored by minelab and travel around the country giving demonstrations on just how good the E-Trac really is !

The area near the park has a dike, so flooding has not been an issue. Thank goodness since if that were the case the silt building up over time would make detecting unpleasant. :yes:

You should be sponsored by minelab and travel around the country giving demonstrations on just how good the E-Trac really is !

Yea, I second that. Just think, Angel going around the world telling everyone how great Minelab is and everyone else detecting the now vacant, silver parks :drool: :drool: :drool: :clapping: :happydance01: Nice job on the silvers from that well hit park! :thumbsup01:

:lol: :lol: I'll stick to detecting just for fun. :cheesysmile: :lol:

Ill Digger
07-09-2010, 01:35 AM
At one point I wanted to leave because of the heat, but I changed my mind once the SLQ popped out of the ground. :lol:
:thinkingabout: Yeah :yes:.....I can see how that could happen to a person :yahoo: :lol:

leslie(nova scotia)
07-09-2010, 02:10 PM
From the land of the Bluenose...nice score on the silver and the defrocked St. Chris medal. Imagine by the end of the day you were sweating bullets!