PDA

View Full Version : Two States - Two Houses - Two Silvers

Digger Don
06-07-2015, 07:15 PM
I was up in Wisconsin this weekend with the wife and Alec. I spent Saturday doing the Family stuff, Cutting the grass, Cooking on the BBQ and just lounging. This morning when I got up it was raining pretty hard, but it finally stopped around 9:00. I decided to run into town and hit one house before we headed back to Illinois. I'm glad I did. I found an 1890s house and got a yes. I hunted about an hour and pulled a 1944 Merc and 6 wheats.
We got back home early enough to go out for a couple of hours. I found a house built in 1897 and got another yes. I got a deep scratchy 12-46-47 that wouldn't pin point due to some iron about 6" away. I dug the signal and pulled a nice 1905 Barber Dime. A few minutes later a dug a 1919 wheat. about 10 minutes later the owners wife came home and didn't look happy that I was digging a hole in her front yard. I waited for him to come out and boot me, a couple of minutes later he did!
He was very cool about it. I thanked him for the time I had and went on my way.

Full Metal Digger
06-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Great finds Don. Glad you were able to get a couple silvers. Did you whack that barber dime with the digger? You been on a real streak lately. I'm gonna start calling you the "Mangler!" Like those old style wrestlers from the 70's! :poke:

Digger Don
06-07-2015, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=DaddyDigger;188401]
Great finds Don. Glad you were able to get a couple silvers. Did you whack that barber dime with the digger? You been on a real streak lately. I'm gonna start calling you the "Mangler!" Like those old style wrestlers from the 70's! :poke:

Well, maybe a little. Sure, you don't comment on the nice untouched merc. LOL. I've had a lot of watchers lately and I tend to dig very small plugs when I do. I really have to stop doing that.

Lodge Scent
06-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Nice digs Don. Always a good way to work off the BBQ. It's funny how often the husband or the wife will give you the OK to hunt, then the other one will come home and give you the boot.

MangoAve
06-08-2015, 07:16 AM
Nice barber. I've never heard about getting a yes and then it turns into a no from the spouse. Oh well. And....it's been pointed out already. I think the smaller plugs are more uneven ground when you actually go to fill it in. I do however tend to be a bit inconsistent with my hole sizes tho.

GA1dad
06-08-2015, 09:00 AM
Nice hand full of coins,, congrats on the silver!

wisconsin digger
06-08-2015, 03:48 PM
That is one solid Barber dime, the Merc is not to shabby either. great coins. WD

Tony Two-Cent
06-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Nice looking Barber Dime, Don! That one was an early drop!

I like the telephone token too, I have never found one.

:congrats:

aloldstuff
06-09-2015, 05:52 PM
Some nice silvers and I have had the same experience with the wife coming home, getting the evil eye, then the boot.

Ill Digger
06-10-2015, 02:47 PM
I have had the same experience with the wife coming home, getting the evil eye, then the boot.
Yep, me too.

State-line silver!! Two thumbs up! :thumbsup02: One for each state. :lol:
At least you were able to snag a sharp Barber before getting the boot at the one place! :thumbsup01:
Nice finds Don! :grin:

Fire Fighter 43
06-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Congrats on the silver, WTG.