PDA

View Full Version : Something new and a couple coins I have not found in a while

wisconsin digger
06-14-2015, 09:01 AM
It' been a pretty good week of hunting. The Etrac is earning its keep as several of the sites I'm hunting have really DEEP targets. The item I found for the first time was a bullet coins. I know a lot of hunters have found one but this was my first. The unique feature of this one is the bullet is still imbedded in the coin. It looks to be a 20's wheat but the detail is almost gone except the date and some of Abe's head. In the same hunt I found a Barber quarter and a V-nickel. I have not found a Barber Quarter since 2012 and did not find any V nickels all of last year so it was nice to see those 2 coins show up. The area I am hunting has a lot of water so the Barber was just black. Even though a lot of the other silver coins did not clean up well the Barber turned out great. Also picked up some Rosies a Washington and one more Merc for the week. Almost found as many silver as I did wheats which was nice. Also had one of those weird experiences that pop up from time to time. On Wednesday I had some time to kill so I hit a Park I did not think would have much to offer. I found 2 wheats and 2 Rosies in about an hour with plenty of area to hunt yet. With high hopes I went back Saturday and could not find a single silver in 4 hours of hunting. Strange how that works some times. Anyway great week of hunting. Keep digging Wisconsin Digger

Digger Don
06-14-2015, 09:30 AM
Wow, you had an amazing week. I've never dug one of those bullet coins, pretty cool find.
Congrats on all that silver. That V is in nice shape as well.
:congrats:

GA1dad
06-14-2015, 05:05 PM
That shot wheatie is cool. I've never found one,,, but made a few over when I was younger. Maybe somebody will dig them up one day.

Fire Fighter 43
06-15-2015, 01:28 PM
Congrats on the silver and your first shot coin, WTG.

MangoAve
06-16-2015, 07:20 AM
Hmm... wouldn't expect a bullet coin from a wheat. I would have guessed an IH or 2 cent thinking old west and quick draw trying to hit the coin in the air. The barber looks good even if you said it came out black. The V seems to be in good shape too which is a little unheard of.

aloldstuff
06-16-2015, 12:00 PM
Great pile of silvers and I also have yet to get a bullet coin.

Lodge Scent
06-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Nice! I have several shot coins but none with the lead attached !

RIdirtdigger
06-19-2015, 04:02 PM
Great digs. I've found one of those shot wheat pennies before. Still has the .22 embedded in it. Very cool and unique finds. HH!

del
06-21-2015, 11:23 AM
very nice quality of finds WD , big congrats on the barber quarter and v-nickle:smitten: