PDA

View Full Version : Short Hunt Yields Silver & a BEAUTIFUL RING!!

catskillcomics
07-09-2010, 08:52 PM
No rain yet, but at least the heat broke enough to go out and hunt without feeling like Frosty the snowman. I wasn't planning for a long hunt just a couple hours, so I went to one of the Default spots that has been hunted a gazillion times..
Started in a corner and worked the area slow.. started off with a wheatie at 8 Ok.. that's cool, then shortly after, another broken signal at 8 which ended up being a 1903 Barber dime..then at 7 a 1936 Buffalo Nickel.. about an hour later, at 6 I get a 88 VDI, silver quarter I thought.. Nah.. can't be.. and it wasn't , but it was a beautiful silver ring with a topaz stone.. I was stoked.. especially for a spot that has been hammered to death, not only by Hockeyguy & I , but by a dozen other guys.. Nice way to start the weekend :happydance01:

PS, sorry the pic isn't the greatest of the ring.. will take new pics with natural sunlight tomorrow

angellionel
07-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Yeah, that ring must have sounded off very nicely. :yes: Love the Barber dime too. Sweet hunt, Scott! thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
07-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Apparently a gazillion times wasn't enough to get all the good stuff :)

That is a beautiful ring! Congrats on the other silver too, but I like the ring :)

Ill Digger
07-10-2010, 01:23 AM
Wow !! That ring is a stunner !!!! :shocked04: :drool:
Of course congrats on the buff and Barber too !!
You know you had a good hunt when you find somthin' better than a Barber <:

coinnut
07-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Sweet ring!! That is one that you can wear before someone else takes it lol Great piece of silver!! Oh ya, the Barber is OK too lol ;) What Barber? Look at that ring :shocked04:

rsarge1
07-10-2010, 07:35 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sweet wtg

nice hunt and finds

sarge

SeabeeRon
07-11-2010, 12:29 PM
:happydance01: :peace: :clapping: Super ring!!! :drool: :twirlingeyes: :loveit:...and the coins ain't half bad either! 8)

leslie(nova scotia)
07-11-2010, 12:32 PM
From the land of the Bluenose...nice silver and an even nicer ring. Photos came out good and you are right. No place is ever dug out! Congrats.