PDA

View Full Version : Wow 3rd Barber Quarter in 9 Days and it had a friend

wisconsin digger
06-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Decided to drive separate and get in a little detecting before hitting the Lake for Fathers day. I hit a park I found a handful of silver at last year. I literally was not there 5 minutes when I got a very deep signal that bounced around between 10-12 and 44-47. Signal was good enough to dig so I pulled a big plug and pulled a bunch of extra dirt right away. Checked the hole and got nothing, these usually turn out to be nails. I pulled some more dirt and got a side hit in the hole with the pinpointer. several more scoops of dirt and I have something in the dirt pile. The coin was quarter size but really stained. I throw the coin off to the side and checked the hole. Got another signal, quick check and another quarter size disc. Put both in my cleaning case and let them soak. Turned out to be a '98 "s" Barber quarter and a smoothy SLQ with a "D" mintmark. 3rd Barber in 9 days. At this point I'm just enjoying the roll. Hunted another 3 hours without any silver but did manage 2 Indians and a few old wheats including a 1910. Had a couple other hunts this week and managed 1 Merc a Buffalo, 1 more Indian and a handful of wheats. I'm guessing I won't see any more Barber quarters but you never know. Keep digging Wisconsin Digger.

Bucknut
06-21-2015, 09:28 PM
You are on a sweet roll!! Amazing!! Congrats.

Ill Digger
06-22-2015, 08:42 PM
I think I've found 3 in 6 years. And you've found 3 in 9 days!?!?! :envious:
Wow!! You ARE on a roll!! A few more and you'll have a whole roll...of Barber quarters! :lol:
Plus a SLQ...! Double Wow! :wow::wow:
Nice hunts!
Congrats!! :grin:

Digger Don
06-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Congrats, your killing it on the Quarters.:wow:
Keep it rolling. There's more out there!

MangoAve
06-23-2015, 07:44 AM
I have no ide why it seems the majority of hunts are similar to your write up. Occasionally I do get those where it takes a while to find something good, but the majority of the time it happens where you get the luck right away and then it diminishes. Nice bit of silver. A bit worn but at least the barber had a legible date.

Lodge Scent
06-23-2015, 11:14 AM
Very cool. Just keep riding that big silver wave until it crashes.

aloldstuff
06-23-2015, 06:10 PM
Ride that quarter wave while you can. Super that you've gotten 3 Barbers in 9 days. Very nice looking pile of keepers....:congrats:

Dan
06-24-2015, 01:30 AM
Congrats on the silver streak....or should I say Barber streak! Hope you find more!

Tony Two-Cent
06-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Now that was a wonderful coin spill! A Barber Quarter and an SLQ in the same hole! :wow:

You are on a hot streak! :thumbsup02:

:congrats:

wisconsin digger
06-25-2015, 03:48 PM
I have no ide why it seems the majority of hunts are similar to your write up. Occasionally I do get those where it takes a while to find something good, but the majority of the time it happens where you get the luck right away and then it diminishes. Nice bit of silver. A bit worn but at least the barber had a legible date.

Not sure why either but it sure happens to me a lot. WD

Mountaindigger
06-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Love digging those Barbers. Congratulations.