PDA

View Full Version : Isaac comes to PA- lots of colonial buttons, a Native American celt, and silver!

Pacivilwarluke
06-28-2015, 08:58 PM
This afternoon, Isaac was able to come up to PA to dig with me at my early colonial site where over 30 colonial buttons have been found along with 6 coppers a capped bust, the signet ring, and a bunch more colonial relics. Regrettably the hotspot was planted with corn but we still persevered. First we hit the edge of the field where I got a 1943 silver quarter. When I dug it I really thought it'd be earkier silver, but oh well. I got a wheatie ( thought it was an Indian) and then Isaac got a silvered ball button! I also picked up an odd looking stone that I was later glad I did. We then decided to hit the open areas of the corn field ( when I say open I mean barely navigation-able) I hit a weird convex one piece button in the first few minutes, and then I got a heavy cast brass and filed piece ( reminds me of the ring). Isaac hit back with three tombacs in a row along with a tiny piece of a shoe buckle, and then I got one. We hit parts of the yard with no luck, and then tried another field but the grass was too high. Isaac managed to find a large colonial button and a crotal bell along with a huge piece of lead. I got a marked pewter spoon and another wheatie too. We had a blast digging and talking, can't wait to hunt again! HH!

Pacivilwarluke
06-28-2015, 09:07 PM
All of my finds from the field

Isaac
06-28-2015, 10:50 PM
I had an awesome time! You're such an awesome guy to hunt with! Thanks for inviting me to this site.. it was a blast!!!!!!!!!! I'm really glad about that Stone Axe find as well, it made the day for sure and was probably the best find of the day! Bet you can't wait until the next time they cut the field and plow it, you're gonna tear it up on the old colonial relics and even native american relics! Summer is a tough time to detect for us "southern"ers, hopefully winter will make things easier on us and not harder like the last couple years.

:beerbuddy: Thanks again!

your friend,
Isaac

RIdirtdigger
06-28-2015, 11:40 PM
Great finds Isaac and Luke. Love all the old relics and the ancient native American artifact!

del
06-29-2015, 02:46 AM
you've recovered some really nice items from that field Luke , I especially like the early stone tools :smitten:its nice to see you an Isaac do some hunting together , congrats .

Dan

OxShoeDrew
06-29-2015, 04:10 AM
Wow that corn is high...when it's high as an elephant's eye we're back in school :( I would never have seen that celt never mind pick it up. Congrats! I'm glad you guys had fun!

MangoAve
06-29-2015, 07:04 AM
The field has been quite good to you. Still silver is good even if you didn't come up with many colonials this time.

Wow that corn is high...
I would never have seen that celt never mind pick it up. Congrats! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Umm..I have never heard that quote. Maybe before my time, but I think it's all the rain we've gotten makes the corn so high. Or the summer is going too quick. I too wouldn't have noticed that stone. It looks completely different than the one Lee had.

Digger Don
06-29-2015, 08:06 AM
Wow, what a great variety of finds.
Congrats guys.

Lodge Scent
06-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Very cool ! Lot's of nice finds. I do believe that the stone artifact might be the end of a pestle. :congrats:

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 09:44 AM
Very cool ! Lot's of nice finds. I do believe that the stone artifact might be the end of a pestle. :congrats:

you know, that's exactly what I said when I picked it up ( I said corn grinder haha) let me get some better pictures. I looked up Native American stone tools and thought it looked like this Celt but I didn't even do research on pestles. Thanks for the help!!

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 09:46 AM
Here are some more pictures

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 09:47 AM
Wow, what a great variety of finds.
Congrats guys.
Thanks!!

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 09:57 AM
I had an awesome time! You're such an awesome guy to hunt with! Thanks for inviting me to this site.. it was a blast!!!!!!!!!! I'm really glad about that Stone Axe find as well, it made the day for sure and was probably the best find of the day! Bet you can't wait until the next time they cut the field and plow it, you're gonna tear it up on the old colonial relics and even native american relics! Summer is a tough time to detect for us "southern"ers, hopefully winter will make things easier on us and not harder like the last couple years.

:beerbuddy: Thanks again!

your friend,
Isaac

theres gotta be some colonial silver laying around or at least another copper!! Thanks for making the trip up here bud, hope to see you again in a month or so!!

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 09:58 AM
Great finds Isaac and Luke. Love all the old relics and the ancient native American artifact!

Thanks jim! It was a blast'

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 09:59 AM
you've recovered some really nice items from that field Luke , I especially like the early stone tools :smitten:its nice to see you an Isaac do some hunting together , congrats .

Dan

it's always great when you can get together with a friend! Thanks, hope the field still holds more!

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Wow that corn is high...when it's high as an elephant's eye were back in school :( I would never have seen that celt never mind pick it up. Congrats! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Never heard that saying! :) guess that means Id the corn's high, it's fall and time to go back to school? They planted this Field in early May If I remember correctly. Can't wait until it's gone! Thanks! :)

Pacivilwarluke
06-29-2015, 10:02 AM
The field has been quite good to you. Still silver is good even if you didn't come up with many colonials this time.

Umm..I have never heard that quote. Maybe before my time, but I think it's all the rain we've gotten makes the corn so high. Or the summer is going too quick. I too wouldn't have noticed that stone. It looks completely different than the one Lee had.

Yep, always nice to see silver! Thanks! :)

OxShoeDrew
06-29-2015, 10:08 AM
That saying comes from the first 45 sec of "Oklahoma!" :thumbsup01:

Bell-Two
06-30-2015, 06:58 PM
Nice finds and that is a bonus of field hunts the possible find of artifacts.

Lodge Scent
06-30-2015, 08:52 PM
Yeah that is a broken pestle. It has a few plow scars but it is a cool find.

Pacivilwarluke
06-30-2015, 09:34 PM
Nice finds and that is a bonus of field hunts the possible find of artifacts.
Thanks! :)

Pacivilwarluke
06-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Yeah that is a broken pestle. It has a few plow scars but it is a cool find.

Awesome! Thank you so much for your input, I'm just learning about Native American artifacts! Any clue on age, or are they pretty much impossible to date?

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-01-2015, 08:06 AM
sweet hunt! and cool that Isaac was able to get to hunt with you