PDA

View Full Version : It was MY turn...

Snowy
07-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I was exhausted after work tonight. It''s been a long 2 weeks for me. I wasn't sure I really felt like swimming, but I knew the water would make me feel better. It always has. I've missed the water. I used to swim every day, and after work on work days when I started working when I was 14. Then it just fizzled after we had our daughter and she quit wanting to go swimming. She's 18 and graduated now, so we're feeling a little more free to come and go as we please.

Sorry... I digress sometimes. But the water made me feel better. I started shivering only a few minutes after getting in, but I stuck with it for an hour.

I finally got to spend a little more time with the CZ-21 in my hands!

I We get to this little beach and there is a family of 5 there.
I'm going in anyway. They wanted to chit chat, so Joe was left to do all the 'splainin' for a change! rofl

I'm detecting away and he's forced to chat with them.

He helped me tonight (such a gentleman). I DEFINITELY need a long handled scoop. These finds had some depth to them.

In an hour I got (shown below) a cameo earing, religious medal and an unknown thing with stones in it that says NCC on the back. Any ideas?
(Sorry about the pics... I didn't shoot them)
Not pictured are some clad coins, a button and a bullet.

We're packing the cooler in the morning and going to a beach for the day. I'm gonna relax in the water and prolly even take a nap on the beach.

Beefcake
07-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Congrats Snowy! Looks like a nice little haul there to me! I can definately see the benefits of having a long scoop...or longer arms. I'll send some of this warm water up your way to stop the shivering!

Snowy
07-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Congrats Snowy! Looks like a nice little haul there to me! I can definately see the benefits of having a long scoop...or longer arms. I'll send some of this warm water up your way to stop the shivering!

Heh... send it over night, please... overcast skies don't warm us enough... heck ... even the humidity and the blazing sun isn't enough right now in these mountain-based waters. Jump in, swim, cool off.. sure... but stay in and detect? lol

Headed for a beach tomorrow. Caused an arguement tonight, if you can imagine that! It's too funny not to tell...
We left the old swimming hole tonight and headed for the store. We park and the guy in the vehicle next to us looks at me funny... I realize I'm still soaked. No sun, etc, to even indicate swimming. I'm realizing, and now understand I look like heck. Joe doesn't wanna go in the store alone so I agree... we walk in, DRENCHED... store employees are looking at us like they're trying to figure out why we're so wet. AC is on in there so I say let's hurry, it's cold. We get to the checkout and the cashier keeps looking at us like, WT* ... She finally says, You guys are drenched! So.. there's some 'splainin to do... I laughed and left it to Joe. That felt kinda good, actually...

Anyway... we gotta hit the store in the AM before we hit the beach to get water, etc... Joe wants to know why we didn't get it while we were there. I told him he was lucky I went in there with him with the wet hair and clothes and froze to get a beverage, let alone shop! He agreed it was cold in there, but now he's questioning... why didn't we get it while we were there! UGH!

Sorry, hon. I'm in this to relax at the moment. Now... where's that beer, cuz I sure need one. Been an aweful long two weeks with the overtime to pay for that underwater detector you've been enjoyin all week.... and remember ~ tomorrow is MY day to hold that sucker.

SeabeeRon
07-11-2010, 12:21 PM
WOW!! :shocked04: Nice finds Donna, they look really old to me! :clapping: :loveit:

del
07-11-2010, 04:22 PM
i agree , they do look pretty old Donna what is on the back of the questionable jewelry item any solder marks where a pin would attach because it looks like a stick pin brooch to me .

Snowy
07-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Del, I think it was a brooch as well. There are 2 marks on the back, one on either end. One is horizontal and the other is verticle. It also says NCC in the center on the back. any idea what NCC is?