PDA

View Full Version : couple new cellars * a few coppers and a early diplomatic button

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-01-2015, 08:23 AM
found a couple new cellar holes with my girl friend Lynne.she dug a buffalo nickel and a flat button.I got a few coppers.2 are toasted one is a decnt shaped KGII,a nice designed tombac,a couple musket balls,broken shoe buckle frames and a rough shape early one piece diplomatic button.
OD-8 in alberts page 296 US official 1 piece eagle facing left 17 stars encircling blank reverse

MangoAve
07-01-2015, 08:43 AM
It's been a while since you been on here even tho the finds still been coming as seen on NECD. I thought this was different than the last post but from the red background pic I see it's the same, however, my comment didn't stay on that post for some reason. That KG is in great shape. Hoping this year I can find one that isn't a bit toasty. Good the gf gets out with you. Mine actually said I just gotta choose a site that produces well.... but that still entails her needing to be at a site to see how it produces. She saw Dominique's vid last night with me and maybe it occurred to her that YouTube vids on the subject are cut away so it just seems like finds happen every few min which is not reality. She made a comment on "maybe parts are cut from the video". Lol. Any date on the buff?

Bucknut
07-01-2015, 09:30 AM
That is a great copper! Congrats! Nice relics too.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-01-2015, 10:25 AM
It's been a while since you been on here even tho the finds still been coming as seen on NECD. I thought this was different than the last post but from the red background pic I see it's the same, however, my comment didn't stay on that post for some reason. That KG is in great shape. Hoping this year I can find one that isn't a bit toasty. Good the gf gets out with you. Mine actually said I just gotta choose a site that produces well.... but that still entails her needing to be at a site to see how it produces. She saw Dominique's vid last night with me and maybe it occurred to her that YouTube vids on the subject are cut away so it just seems like finds happen every few min which is not reality. She made a comment on "maybe parts are cut from the video". Lol. Any date on the buff?
weird your comment didnt stay on cellar dwellars? maybe you forgot to hit the enter button to make the post? 1937 is the buff

MangoAve
07-01-2015, 10:31 AM
weird your comment didnt stay on cellar dwellars? maybe you forgot to hit the enter button to make the post?

Lol. I don't forget things that trivial. It's happened before on FB for other posts. Could just have to do with the signal strength or possibly flukes with closed groups and somehow the software doesn't recognize credentials after losing signal and re-connecting to mobile network ... ehhh.. not important.

CTTodd
07-01-2015, 11:38 AM
Nice Dave you drag her out there and make her dig modern coins.

OxShoeDrew
07-01-2015, 01:33 PM
The color on that KG is stunning Dave! Couldn't get a date? Interesting button too! Glad to see your friend is also into MDing :)

Isaac
07-01-2015, 01:54 PM
Nice Dave you drag her out there and make her dig modern coins.
Lol

Nice finds Dave, cool diplomatic button!!!! the copper is in great shape as well

del
07-01-2015, 03:11 PM
what did you do trade Thiltzy in for a better looking partner ??? :rofl::lol: your gonna give the poor guy a complex you know ;) congrats on the copper , its in very nice shape for being almost 270+ years old . very nice save n the diplomatic/patriotic button , great finds , how long were you detecting for ??

RIdirtdigger
07-01-2015, 03:31 PM
Great finds. That diplomatic button is awesome! Congrats

Lodge Scent
07-01-2015, 03:55 PM
That is a NICE KG and a very cool button :congrats:

Bell-Two
07-01-2015, 04:20 PM
That is a lovely KG and those are fantastic buttons! Nice that your girlfriend is joining you on hunts but be careful one day she may skunk you, I know it has happened to me ...more than once :lolsign:

that at prompted CT Todd to state "Why did you bring that woman with you?" :hystericallaugh:

Trooper Bri
07-01-2015, 06:33 PM
Nice variety of finds! Congrats on the diplomatic button, even if she's a little beat up.

Pacivilwarluke
07-05-2015, 08:03 AM
That diplomatic button is incredible! Great, hunt, I like the show buckle frame in parts too! HH!