PDA

View Full Version : 1861 Canadian Large Cent On Birthday!!!

OxShoeDrew
07-01-2015, 01:05 PM
:canada::canada::canada::canada:OHHHHH CANADAAAAA!!!! I was able to get out for a bit locally today. I got wet as the woods are drenched....but I nabbed an 1861 New Brunswick large cent on the Canadian birthday...but this coin was made a few years before they became a country. Also a cool pendant ( rang up low for silver 75-anyone ever see anything like that?), a patent 1929 piggy bank cover, and a cool suspender buckle. Not bad for a short hunt! Thanks!:canada:

Bucknut
07-01-2015, 01:28 PM
Nice Vicki LC!

MangoAve
07-01-2015, 01:31 PM
Huh... You talk about buckles with Dan and you find a bunch. I mention your Canadia thing, you find a New Brunswick cent. What the heck is going on? That buckle looks almost identical to the last suspender one I commented about, except this one still has the teeth portion. I on the other hand got to travel 40 on the highway on the way to work and get drenched even tho I had an umbrella. :eyebrow:

OxShoeDrew
07-01-2015, 01:38 PM
Jim, start talking about GW buttons!!!:lol: Yeah, hunting today was difficult...started in the light rain then stopped...but everything was soaked so I was a mess.
Thank you Bucknut, I found a silver Canadian 1800s dime a few weeks back...I have a Canadian mojo going on!!:happydance02::canada: (hey, just an observation, does anyone else think Victoria was slightly fetching in 1861?:lol:)

RIdirtdigger
07-01-2015, 03:33 PM
Nice Victoria Large cent. Don't see those dug too often around here

Bell-Two
07-01-2015, 04:12 PM
Nice Canuck Large Cent and that is a great Buckle!

Lodge Scent
07-01-2015, 08:04 PM
At this rate, I see you migrating to Quebec soon. Belles reliques chaussure de bœuf Drew.

What's that silver ring up out of the hole ? Usually when I see a piece of silver ring low its because there was some iron very close, dragging the signal down.

OxShoeDrew
07-02-2015, 02:32 AM
Thanks everyone! Jeff, I checked it after it came out of the hole and it still 75. The colonial cufflinks I dug a few weeks ago did the same thing. "Belles reliques chaussure de bœuf Drew." Beautiful beef shoe relics?:lol: My French isn't what it used to be....oh wait, yes it is, bad :lol:

Lodge Scent
07-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Your French is better than mine Drew. I typed Ox Shoe into the translator. The literal English translation is "shoe of the beef" :lol:

BTV Digger
07-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Very nice young Vicki LC Drew. Have found several older Canadian coins up in my neck of the woods, never an LC. Congrats.

John

OxShoeDrew
07-04-2015, 11:49 AM
Thanks Guys...John, funny how there aren't many counties in the US with a predominant French Canadian population... but the ones near you (as one would expect), the New Orleans area, and only one county not in those two areas...my CT county. You can see it on this fascinating map http://i.imgur.com/FY04JtM.jpg
I guess it's why I've found so much cool French things of late.
Jeff-oł est le boeuf?:lol: