PDA

View Full Version : Old locations still giving up nice finds - last week summary

wisconsin digger
07-02-2015, 06:50 AM
I haven't had time to plan any new locations or trips and time is tight so I hit a few locations I didn't think would be too lucrative. My goal was hoping to find a wheat or two and 1 silver. The first spot was an old Church that gave up some nice finds but I hit pretty hard. Hit the ground and found a Merc within 5 minutes. Always helps to get a silver out of the way as I hunt a little better when I am not rushing around looking for one. Looking at the area I was trying to figure out where I did not swing as much so I moved to a little spot in front. I started finding a few wheats so I was pretty encouraged to stay in that area. After 2 hours I found another Merc, 8 wheats, an Indian (1st in this location), a Buffalo and the big surprise was a Washington quarter surrounded by iron. I know nothing is hunted out but that was a pretty good area I completely missed somehow. 2nd hunt turned into a clad hunt. Tried two spots with some potential but only managed about $5 in change and 2 wheats. The third and 4th hunts were at a spot I hunted by chance and found 4 Rosies over two hunts. The area is pretty large but seems to have been filled at some point as the coins are really deep and hard to get at. I stumbled around the area and managed 1 Rosie when I hit an area that had some trees and was close to a dead end road. My 1st signal was pretty nice but really shallow. Expecting a clad dime or penny I was shocked when a Merc showed up in the plug maybe 2 inches down and it had friends, two more Rosies in the same hole. Ended up with 6 solver dimes and 3 wheats on the hunt which was a big surprise. Finished the week last night at the same spot and pulled one more Rosie. Turned out staying close to home paid off. Plan on a road trip today and Monday looking for some new locations. Happy 4th all and party with purpose. WD

Bucknut
07-02-2015, 06:53 AM
Whoa!!! Look at all that shiney!!! Great week!

OxShoeDrew
07-02-2015, 07:07 AM
Nicely done! I know what you mean about getting a nice find out of the way :)
Sometimes I think I zip around a site without any finds then dismiss the site before really hunting it :rolleyes:
Congrats on some nice silver!

Digger_O'Dell
07-02-2015, 10:21 PM
Nicely done Digger! Keep the shiny stuff coming up!