PDA

View Full Version : Another After Work Hunt / Barber Quarter & More

Digger Don
07-02-2015, 10:49 PM
Well, I decided to go out after work again and give it it a try. I was ab;e to get permission at 2 houses next door to each
other. I spent about an hour at each house. The first house I dug a 1930 Merc and a couple of wheats. At the second house I got a bouncy signal that was hard to pin point. I heard some occasional high tones so I dug it. When I flipped the plug, right on the side of the hole was An 1899 Barber quarter stuck in the dirt. I mis pinpointed it by about 3-4 inches. I found out why when I re swept the hole. There were 3 wheat cents scattered around in there with it. About 10 minutes later I dug a 1956 Rosie. I'm starting to like theses short after work hunts!!

Tony Two-Cent
07-03-2015, 07:46 AM
LEAVE SOME FOR THE REST OF US! :poke:

:lol:

Once again, you found some sweet coins, Don! I can't find a 1930 Merc to save my life, nor any Mercs from the early 1930s for that matter.

Very cool that the 1899 Barber Quarter has an "O" mint mark too.

:congrats:

Bucknut
07-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Nice silver! and an O mint mark too!

GA1dad
07-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Wow,,, you're killing it!!

OxShoeDrew
07-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Don, most of my hunts are after work, in the 90 min before my wife gets home :)
The skunkings don't sting as much either on the short hunts.:lol: You are working that Minelab to perfection!

SeabeeRon
07-05-2015, 11:49 AM
Sweet coins Don!!

Digger_O'Dell
07-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Don,
Would love to know what kind of areas you are hunting, you keep hitting such nice coins! Since I'm not that far from you any advice would be great! So far other than one good spot I seem to be getting skunked no matter where I go lately. Maybe all cleaned out already?

BTV Digger
07-05-2015, 08:35 PM
Nice set of coins Don! Those short hunts do seem nicer when you get an efficiency rate like that my friend! Keep it up.

John

wisconsin digger
07-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Great hunt. Nice coin spill. Those permissions are working out sweet for you guys. Nice coins. WD

jbolf6
07-06-2015, 01:24 PM
Great hunt for sure, well done!

Digger Don
07-06-2015, 07:04 PM
Don,
Would love to know what kind of areas you are hunting, you keep hitting such nice coins! Since I'm not that far from you any advice would be great! So far other than one good spot I seem to be getting skunked no matter where I go lately. Maybe all cleaned out already?

Persistence is the first thing, If you swing enough times, you'll eventually find good coins. There are some folks on this forum that do excellent in parks, Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I do best when i door knock turn of the century homes in old neighborhoods. Have you done much door knocking?

MangoAve
07-07-2015, 07:06 AM
...Must be because of different machines. When I get coins near each other I can hear at least one of them altho I can't differentiate which. Last night and last Wed proved I am not 100% proficient with my machine. I took iron once and did an air test with it next to a coin. No matter what I could hear that coin. Last night a low target near bent iron I could hear it a few times, then it would disappear. Oh but it was there with pinpointing. Similar to Wed night. A nearby (8 inches away) large iron street sign post that was cut was nulling out a nearby target, but only if the swing included both targets as I have the DD and can try to swing over only one target. Lag and recovery time. Congrats on the barber, tho. I need to get onto more permission sites. I think I got a '35 merc in comparison to Tony's lack of such.

Skamaniac
07-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Congratulations on some really nice coins.