PDA

View Full Version : silver at an old school

randy
07-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Went to scout out a site that I've been doing research on, but as I sort of expected it was too overgrown to hunt :mad:, so I had a few minutes, and hit a nearby school that goes back 100 years or so. There's old ballfields on the 30's and 50's aerials, but when I got there, it had all be regraded to build a parking lot, a tot lot, and another wing of the school :bangahead01:

Did manage to find one old tree that was on the aerials, in a section that looked ungraded, and had to be content with just working that small section for an hour or so. Managed to pull a wheatie and a merc. The merc was a good 9 inches, and the E-Trac gave me a definite dig me signal. I'm starting to get a little more comfortable with it, but still have alot to learn.

coinnut
07-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Don't you just hate progress? Give me today's machines and put me back 40 years and I'd be a happy camper lol Least you got a Merc and 9 ain't too shabby.

Ill Digger
07-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Nice little short hunt!! thumbsup01
It might not hurt to check the area thats beeen graded :thinkingabout:
Nice find!!
Congrats :grin:

angellionel
07-11-2010, 09:31 PM
I know the feeling, Randy. :-\ I've scouted a few sites that seemed promising, but the grounds had been redone. At least you saved a silver coin from that site. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
07-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Congrats on the merc randy! Too bad about the re-grading. I hate that too. crying01

ProPointer
07-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Very Nice!