PDA

View Full Version : Great new permission,,,, and another first

GA1dad
07-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Right up the road is an old historic home. The home was once part of a 180 acre farm, which back then also included the lot my house sits on. It is currently owned by the local drywall guy. He also dabbles in detecting and swings an old Bounty Hunter, but is just now getting to understand the machine. I've hired him to do some work a few years back, and we are on good terms. I've tried and tried to get permission to detect the home site, and he keeps saying "one day". Well the phone rang today and he wanted me to come up about 7 pm and see what I could find. He showed me all the farm iron he's dug up,, axe heads, hoes, tractor parts and such. Since I only had an hour, I tried to cover as much ground as I could.

If you look in the old family picture, just above the carriage, there is an old mulberry tree in the back yard. I found my first reins guide under that tree. Woo Hoo!! Another detectorist milestone achieved.

More importantly, he got the chance to play with some new toys ( pinpointer, MXT ) and I think I was able to pass on some of the stuff I had learned. I am confident we will be digging together real soon.

del
07-08-2015, 12:25 AM
sounds and looks like a great place for old relics and coins and you made a new friend and detecting partner. keep us informed on your finds there.

OxShoeDrew
07-08-2015, 03:59 AM
That rein guard might be in the old pic!
They look like they had some money too. I hope your new partner works out!

GA1dad
07-08-2015, 07:20 AM

Yep,,, in a glass half full kind of world!!

MangoAve
07-08-2015, 07:23 AM
Nice. Sometimes when the owner gets a exposed more or sees what can come up, they kind of let their guard down a bit. So hopefully he should be calling you up more often to come over and hunt now. We can all use our machines and become proficient with them, but we all get into this grove. Sometimes it takes someone else to show us a tip or trick they learned along the way about sites and it takes time with them to show you how it's done. Hope you can pull up some more relics from there.

I didn't even think of that.

Bucknut
07-08-2015, 09:05 AM
Hey that place looks sweet! There could be acres and acres of land to swing your coil over...you could hit that place for the next couple years and still not find all of the goodies.

Lodge Scent
07-08-2015, 02:24 PM
Very cool. Love the pic and the fact that the tree is still there. Nice terret, love finding those. :congrats:

Bell-Two
07-08-2015, 08:01 PM
It looks like it will be a fun site to detect.