PDA

View Full Version : Albany NY

Ronandari
07-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Hey All.
I'm going to be in Johnstown next week. It's a little town northwest of Albany NY. Is there anyone in the area who might have time for a hunt or advice on where to hunt. Thanks in advance.

Ron.

don in ny
07-12-2015, 09:43 AM
Ron,
I live in NY, but I'm in Québec City at the moment. You're around a very old area. Drive around and look for someone in the yard at old looking houses and ask for permission to detect. It's a lot easier to get permission if you find someone outside than knocking on the door. See if you can find some old maps online of the area you'll be at. That should help.
Don

Restoring Your Finds
07-13-2015, 06:26 AM
Ron,
I live in NY, but I'm in Québec City at the moment. You're around a very old area. Drive around and look for someone in the yard at old looking houses and ask for permission to detect. It's a lot easier to get permission if you find someone outside than knocking on the door. See if you can find some old maps online of the area you'll be at. That should help.
Don

And I know for a fact that Don is pretty successful at permission asking ! That is a very good piece of advice.

chief5709
07-13-2015, 01:23 PM
Who'd want to visit J-town... just kidding :cheesysmile: I'm about 45 minutes away but unfortunately we are in the middle of softball season. My detecting won't start for a few more weeks...