PDA

View Full Version : Finds from yesterday - France

Restoring Your Finds
07-19-2015, 07:07 AM
Hi guys,

Went out yesterday for an hour. Not many targets but again... a very nice surprise !

Here are a roman coin and an antique... something? Too thick and too small to be a finger ring. Don't know exactly what it is but it's bronze.

And then this beauty !! It is said to belong to the Roman Provincial Coinage but in fact, it belongs to a Iberian tribe from Spain.
It is an As of Emporia (Gerona, Spain) from the Indigetes tribe. It dates back to the first century BC.

Here is its description :

As. Ampurias (Gerona, Spain). c.50-27 BC.

Obverse/ L M RVF P C Q. Pallas wearing a helmet, facing right.
Reverse/ EMPOR. Pegasius flying to the right ; a crown above.

Here is the Wiki about the Indigetes : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigetes

Happy Hunting to all !

don in ny
07-19-2015, 09:15 AM
You keep amazing me with your finds. Wish I was there.

Restoring Your Finds
07-19-2015, 10:54 AM

Maybe next time ;)

OxShoeDrew
07-19-2015, 04:46 PM
That is unreal! Just beautiful.

Restoring Your Finds
07-20-2015, 08:03 AM
Thanks guys !

Skamaniac
07-20-2015, 08:53 AM
That's incredible!

Lodge Scent
07-20-2015, 08:01 PM
That's does it Taltahull. You need to organize a group hunt and invite all over there. The awesome finds just keep coming :congrats:

Restoring Your Finds
07-21-2015, 05:14 AM
That's does it Taltahull. You need to organize a group hunt and invite all over there. The awesome finds just keep coming :congrats:

Well, if I could... I would !

del
07-21-2015, 02:53 PM

:wow: I completely agree with what they said

Restoring Your Finds
07-22-2015, 06:41 AM
I actually thought about this. Might give it a thought again but tough and expensive to organize. (Flights!)

MangoAve
07-22-2015, 08:28 AM
Sweet finds yet again. At least the Spanish coin isn't as common as a Roman coin.

I actually thought about this. Might give it a thought again but tough and expensive to organize. (Flights!)

Lol. I haven't been able to get a group hunt organized locally let alone you getting one out of the country, but if it could happen I might be counted in. I have no problem traveling, even once a 32 hour travel time with one flight leg at 14 hours. The people pay for their own flight and hotel....obvi.

Restoring Your Finds
07-25-2015, 04:11 AM
Sweet finds yet again. At least the Spanish coin isn't as common as a Roman coin.

Lol. I haven't been able to get a group hunt organized locally let alone you getting one out of the country, but if it could happen I might be counted in. I have no problem traveling, even once a 32 hour travel time with one flight leg at 14 hours. The people pay for their own flight and hotel....obvi.

Yep. You're right MangoAve. I just was a little quick in my reply and should have made things clearer. What I meant is that anyway, it is an expensive trip. Plus there is lodging, etc. Obviously, the people would have to pay for their own trip and lodging even though I might be able to find reasonable solutions or deals when it comes to lodging. I guess it would definitely bring down the potential number of participating people...

SeabeeRon
07-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Nice! I am enjoying seeing all these International digs on here lately!

Digger Don
07-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Wow, I couldn't even imagine digging a coin that old. WOW