PDA

View Full Version : Theres gold in them mountains!!!

rsarge1
07-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Theres gold in them mountains!!!
Well we decided to go out and try our luck at finding some gold yesterday at an old mining site we did find a little bit but nothing too great, this was the first time out with the v-3i in prospect mode, I didnt find the gold that we found, my partner found it with his mxt, but I checked it out with the v-3i and it sounded off real sweet, while out hunting we ran into other gold hunters that were also using the v-3 and are loving it. I am still learning this great machine and now I just have one more feature to learn, I read the manual again trying to learn more about the prospecting mode and I was once again disapointed in the lack of information about this feature .

I was running the stock prospecting program with the rx gain maxed out and even with the bad soil we have here it ran smooth.

I can tell you though if I were looking for nails I'd be very rich right now LOL.

the gold was kind of like flakes and came to about 4 penney weights worth.

Next trip I hope to do better, anybody have any good hints or sugestions on how to hunt using the prospect mode I can use all the help i can get since this is new to me.

sarge

CyberSage
07-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Very nice Sarge! Believe it or not I have never tried nugget shooting yet. Given my location you would think I would be doing this by now. I don't know the first thing about it. Sounds like fun!

Jack

Lowjiber
07-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Nice pic and story.

I've used my MXT in the gold country of northern California...mostly to find black sand deposits in the streambeds. When we got to Nevada, we went into the Gold Basin of northwest Arizona with the Vision. I was hoping the higher frequency (22.5kHz) would out perform the MXT's 15kHz, but finally settled on the Gold Bug II (71kHz) for hunting dry washes around old gold mines.

I'm glad to hear that the V3i is stable in prospecting mode. That was a problem when trying my original Vision (serial number 16). I'm looking forward to getting the upgrade to the i version and giving it another try.

BHNugget
07-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Nice!! Looks like it hasnt traveled too far from the source,it has some pretty rough edges on it. thumbsup01

rsarge1
07-13-2010, 08:07 PM
yeah it came out of the tailings of a mine i was using a 4 x 6 coil and she really sweet my partner wasnt sure about it so we checked it again with the v-3i to make sure he was lucky to have it under his coil instead of mine LOL