PDA

View Full Version : A Couple of Hot Weekend Hunts / another SLQ

Digger Don
07-19-2015, 09:21 PM
Friday, Alec and i hit another house after work. The targets were scarce, but I did manage to dig a 1957 Rosie.

Saturday, we met up with Tony Two-Cent for a long HOT day of hunting. We met at a park in the morning and soon realized that it had been hit hard over the years. Alec got the only keeper, a 1964 Rosie. After hitting a couple more parks with nothing but wheats, we decided to do a little door knocking. All I was able to dig were a couple of junk rings, a token,a bullet, a toy car and a few wheats. That was it for me. OUCH. Alec dug a few wheats and a Tootsie car. Tony did better, he dug some keepers at a couple of the houses. For me, it was hot and uncomfortable most of the day,( it would have felt cool and relaxing if I was digging Silver ) LOL. but I still enjoyed getting a hunt in with Tony.

Sunday, I met up with Zrickid for a little door knocking in a town neither of us have hunted before. My very first step on the lawn, I get a shallow high tone. Out pops a 1930 SLQ. After yesterday, I needed it. So I fill the hole and start swinging again. About a foot away I get a deeper high tone. Out pops a 1941 Washington. I also dug a Milk Bottle token and a bunch of wheats.

Skamaniac
07-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Looks like a great weekend to me. I'd love to find a SLQ.

MangoAve
07-20-2015, 09:12 AM
A whole lotta wheats and an SLQ with a date. Nice score. I hardly ever find any rings let alone the junk one.

Tony Two-Cent
07-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Redemption! :thumbsup02:

That's a really sweet SLQ, Don! I'm glad you got some silver on Sunday. I enjoyed hunting with you on Saturday even if the finds weren't there for us. You really made up for it on Sunday.

I like the milk bottle token too!

:congrats:

wisconsin digger
07-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Great finds. I'm not much for mid 80's myself. Love the spring and fall days of mid 50's. Nice hunts. WD

GA1dad
07-20-2015, 07:19 PM
That was a great way to salvage the weekend!! Congrats!!

Lodge Scent
07-20-2015, 07:56 PM
That is a nice token! Nothing wrong with that silver either :congrats:

Bucknut
07-20-2015, 11:12 PM
Congrats on your finds! That SLQ is pretty!