PDA

View Full Version : New Owner of a V3i....

30U Plymouth
07-13-2010, 07:58 PM
Well, I did it.
I traded my DFX, XLT, and $600 for a new V3i today.
I went for a short hunt today in a nearby park.
I loaded up Jack's program into the V3 and started hunting.
I really like the way this MD runs......it seems to run alot quieter then the DFX.
I can see right now that I will be digging deeper holes.
Most of my time was spent learning what the V3 was trying to tell me, so I dug alot of trash.

Anyway, I will be spenting alot of time here and look forward to learning all I can about my new baby lol lol lol.

Any advice or tips would be welcomed.

Happy Hunting,
Dale

rsarge1
07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
you will enjoy it a lot more she is one sweet machine just practice practice and more practice, if you havent done so check to make sure the vco is turned on and i really like the dx-1 for pin pointing

happy hunting

sarge

CyberSage
07-13-2010, 08:16 PM
Congratulations on the new V3 Dale! You are going to have a lot of fun. Deeper holes come with the territory. Don't be surprised to find obvious hits right out in the middle of heavily hunted areas. You will be digging lots of Silver Dimes and Indians in no time. Keep that swing speed slow and cross check those good tones at 90 degrees. When in doubt dig! Oh ya, the most important part of all... have fun.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

30U Plymouth
07-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for your help Jack.
I have learned a lot from you and your posts.

HH,
Dale

TCv3
07-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi Dale,
I'm glad to see another V3i owner here! I've had mine for about a year and I am very happy with it. I also want to try CyberSage's program next week in PA as well as Yazoo's coin & jewelry. Just a few thoughts to share...

My wireless headset ate up batteries with the V3/i. I tried different settings but ended up switching to NimH AA's for the head phones for some time now with great success. I bought an additional NimH detector batt also for longer hunts and not to worry about draining from back lighting or Tx boost. Recently I received my universal large hard shell case from Whites for my upcoming trip. I was happy with the size and foam forms inside but I thought the latches were just ok and the key lock useless. However, the case seems sturdy and will most likely protect my V3i during shipping.

I wish you luck and look forward to any finds or info you post as I am learning as well. :)

Best Regards
Bill

tanacat
07-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Congrats, I love my V3i... had a month now and like you, have been digging a lot of trash getting the feel of her.
I love the tones and anyalzing 'graphs'. Unfortunately had a battery leak in the casing though and sent off to battery company to get compensated. We'll see. Until then using my old XLT.

dktucson62
08-12-2010, 09:14 AM
I to had a battery leak, batteries that came with the v3, sent it back to factory, along with headphones, and the D2 coil they sent me a brand new dtectorand my old headphones and new coil, so I ended up with two sets of headphones. Can't say enough good things about White's

tanacat
08-12-2010, 09:49 AM
, batteries that came with the v3,

The rechargeable pack? Wow that's great and extra headphones! White's does have an excellent reputation, but the man I talked to in Virginia said it's not warrantied for battery leak, send it in for him to take a look, then he'd know how much to charge. So I decided to go after the battery company....

kenfen
08-27-2010, 07:29 AM
It's posts like these that get me excited to go out and hunt even though I don't have a V3i yet. I'm glad that there's a lot of positive stuff about the new :usaflag:ship.

By the time I get mine, you all will have the forum filled up with all the answers....LOL

Have a great day today!

Regards, Ken