PDA

View Full Version : Detecting ain't easy - 7/25

Trooper Bri
07-26-2015, 09:22 PM
But is sure is fun!

Met up with Dan early yesterday, then we took a ride to meet up with Todd and Dave again for another group hunt. Dan had some spots on radar for us to check out. We wound up doing a lot of searching and bushwhacking looking the sites. Spot #1 which was closest (teaser of course) gave up some good finds, and the rest of the day was tough when summer growth is in. Dan found some spots worth checking again when the growth is down.
I got 3 buckle fragments down slope from a small depression that was a home site. They were in a 20ft radius of each other roughly. My last find (the cuff button) came from one of our stops during the day to look for signs.

Digger Don
07-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Pretty cool finds Brian, keep it up

Skamaniac
07-26-2015, 10:52 PM
Nice little group there. That first buckle fragment looks awesome.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-26-2015, 11:40 PM
welcome to summer cellar hole hunting! and everyone says we got it easy in New England:hystericallaugh: ya did well! shame they are broken but it's a promising spot for when the ferns die off

Bell-Two
07-27-2015, 06:50 AM
Trooper those neat finds, yep it is tough at times no matter where you hunt but that is what it makes it satisfying when you make a good find.

OxShoeDrew
07-27-2015, 09:06 AM
Nice pics too Brian! It won't be long before the ground is hard as rock :frozen::lol:
New England is either ferns or frozen ;)

The Rebel
07-27-2015, 10:23 AM
WTG Brian. Love the finds. Can't wait til the cooler temps & less plants!

Lodge Scent
07-27-2015, 11:16 AM
Nice digs! Those buckles would have been awesome if they were in one piece. Some of our members seem to find them whole all the time, but not me :envious: .

I'm with the Rebel. Give me the cold weather !

del
07-27-2015, 02:48 PM
Brian , you've been finding lots of pieces and fragments of shoe buckles lately , I have a very good feeling your going to get a nice complete one very soon my friend . it was fun trekking out in them woods with you Dave and Todd .

Isaac
07-27-2015, 09:04 PM
Nice digs! Those buckles would have been awesome if they were in one piece. Some of our members seem to find them whole all the time, but not me :envious: .

I'm with the Rebel. Give me the cold weather !

WTG Brian. Love the finds. Can't wait til the cooler temps & less plants!

LOL that's not you guys said about 4 months ago. :hystericallaugh:

Those are some gorgeous pieces Bri!!!!!! Excellent finds! I just love shoe buckles, even the pieces, they are so individualized and that's what makes them cool!

Trooper Bri
07-27-2015, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys.
You nailed it Isaac. That one curved piece has so much detail left on it. Same with buttons. I love digging those. I'm jelly of the two Dave dug a couple weeks ago.

After the monster hike, Dan wasn't done! So we hit one of his spots until it was getting dark. I managed to squeak out a couple finds between the skeeters.
Most of the bowl of a spoon, and what I was sure was a button turned out to be the back plate of a very small padlock. The main circle of the body is the size of a nickel. Someone named Walker loved it apparently.