PDA

View Full Version : NOT SO GOOD CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH PAUL & FRANK

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-14-2010, 09:18 PM
met up with paul (tattoou)and frank(the fast one) and headed back to the site where i dug my no date draped bust and frank dug his vermont copper.
that's paul posing with a 1899 barber dime(his first barber coin)paul gets too many first's when i take him out. frank got a cool brass matchbox with match sticks still inside :shocked04:
me i basically got skunked.a silvered large button with no shank and had fun lwith the frog posing for me rofl
now in 2 years of cellar holes i never dug one of those big iron loopy thingy's.i dig 3 this week? :confused:
almost shaped like a bale you'd see on a cross hanging from a chain you wear on your neck. that same configuration i guess i'm trying to say :crazy:
chalk up another darn ox knob! i'm gonna get that crown no doubt! thumbsup01
THAT'S MY 10TH ONE THIS YEAR <:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-14-2010, 09:19 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-14-2010, 09:19 PM
last pic

coinnut
07-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Hmmm. I guess we can concede the ox knob crown to you lol The holes are definitely drying up a bit. It usually happens to us around this time of year and will soon pass :yes: At least you got to hunt for a bit today. That always makes for a good time out!

del
07-15-2010, 02:40 AM
yes Dave your oxknob title is almost official now :peace: ou can have my congrats now buddy :clapping: thumbsup01 :clapping: .
that area looks ripe with finds but like George said this time of year targets seem to dry up with the soil. hopefully we can find a productive site or two .hey it beats working anytime . congrats .

Dan