PDA

View Full Version : Detech 13" Ultimate DD Search Coil vs. 10" DD Search Coil

The Rebel
07-31-2015, 09:49 AM
Just curious how the 13" compares to the stock 10" coil at cellar holes for: Depth, Stability
& Weight. Is it that much better than the standard coil, is it really worth spending the $ on it. Anything else?

Thanks,
Roger

OxShoeDrew
07-31-2015, 11:58 AM
I use the Detech 13in when the vegetation is down. It separates surprising well, even around the lip. I always keep my 5in in my knapsack for the bed of nails areas though.
During the summer however I don't even bring it to cellar holes. It can't get in between the growth. Nothing beats it in freshly cut hay fields. Overall I really like it and happy I bought it.

del
07-31-2015, 03:38 PM
Roger , I agree with Drew it a large coil and very open to hang up on brush and saplings and does have very good separation for a coil its size but I'd stick to more open areas and beaches with it , plus it might be a bit more heavier then the d2 coil. It might be a bit deeper and run more smoother (most butterfly types do) .

The Rebel
07-31-2015, 08:24 PM
Thanks Guys! After swinging the stock coil for 5+ hrs my shoulder on fire!

Saving Tennessee History
03-04-2016, 02:52 PM
I have had my Detech 13" for over a month now. I have found buttons, dimes, and other small bits much more easier to find with this coil. Plus it's a lot lighter. The only downside I have found so far is using it in the woods.