PDA

View Full Version : New to forum from Stuart Florida

TCv3
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi all!
My name is Bill and I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I have been detecting when I can for a little more than a year now. I enjoy it very much from a historical view, as it also gets me out and about. I live close to the beach so that is where I detect mostly. I do a bit also near Gettysburg Pa. where my family is from. Looking forward to following this site and everyone's experiences. I will share any finds of interest. Glad to be here.

Best Regards.
Bill

Epi-hunter
07-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Hi Bill :) I'm glad you posted an introduction! What detector do you use?

Looking forward to seeing posts of your finds :)

TCv3
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi Epi-hunter :)
Whites Spectra V3i. I just updated it from the V3. I recently picked up a DD 4x6 Eclipse shooter for it and I am looking forward to trying it out soon.

Epi-hunter
07-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Hi Epi-hunter :)
Whites Spectra V3i. I just updated it from the V3. I recently picked up a DD 4x6 Eclipse shooter for it and I am looking forward to trying it out soon.

Sorry, I should have got that much from your name lol I am intrigued by the v3i and will be looking forward to your comment on it :)

TCv3
07-15-2010, 10:07 PM
No worries. My bad. :) I really like it although I have nothing to compare it to since it's my first. This is probably a good thing for now since it cost so much. :) I definitely like the interface and cordless headphones and rechargeable batteries. I think I'd like to get a fairy inexpensive underwater unit just to wade a bit someday.

coinnut
07-15-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey Bill, welcome again ;) Glad you found us and I bet you are going to love using that 4x6 coil in them Pennsylvania homesteads. I have the DFX with that coil and I wore out the bottom of it lol It's great for sneaking between the iron. Look forward to seeing what you get, even if it's only that Florida clad. :clapping:

TCv3
07-15-2010, 11:07 PM
Hey George! Thanks again for the welcome. Glad to hear the 4x6 worked for you. I thought I should get it for this trip to PA. Part of my dad's house has a late 1800's early 1900's log cabin that was was later expanded on. I was having some trouble getting close to the foundation with the 10 DD2. BTW, there are some original tree stumps still in the apple cellar. Hehe. He's probably not going to want me diggin' down thar.' lol Also, I plan to go over some old dumps so I thought it would help me. I am off into the woods to look for a couple of old homesteads as well I've researched on old maps and hope to locate. I found some neat stuff last trip I'll post. Some antique fire department buttons, a WW1 U.S. lapel pin, 1831 large cent, die cast toy, bullets, and clad with a few wheaties, plus iron. I have to take pictures of the clads and stuff yet I found on the FL beaches but will do so soon.

del
07-16-2010, 02:31 AM
hello Bill , welcome to the forum . that part of Pennsylvania is loaded with beauty and history , i'll be lookig forward to seeing what you find there and no doubt the 4x6 will help around those cellar foundations . best of luck to ya .

Dan

TCv3
07-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Hi Dan! Thanks for the welcome. I really love this site. Looking forward to reading all I can. Can't wait to try the 4x6.

Thanks again
Best Regards

Bill

SeabeeRon
07-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey Bill, welcome from a California Beach Digger! :) 8)

angellionel
07-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Welcome aboard, Bill! Glad to have you with us. thumbsup01

TCv3
07-18-2010, 11:53 AM
Hi angellionel and SeebeeRon! Thank you also for the welcome! This site is intense. What a great bunch of talented people. I am amazed at the stories and great finds on this page. Glad to be aboard.

Best Regards.

Ill Digger
07-20-2010, 01:21 AM
Welcome to the forum from the corn fields of Illinois!! :grin:

zrickkid
08-08-2010, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the forum from suburban Chicago! ;)